• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 11, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big tractor background says "No ROPS, No belt".....

Move snow any speed you want, but I'll take 3rd thank you..... cant imagine feathering the clutch, just throttle back, snow doesn't push that hard!

Sorry Harry.
eek.gif

I did jump the s/g directly, actually it is how I stared it to move it. Thank you

Matt - just wanted to make sure credit is provided where credit is due
happy.gif

Greg - make sure you noted that 850# Tractor weight includes a 175# Operator. Not many Operators left in that weight class.

Steve - if you're on a tricycle style tractor I definitely agree since they tip pretty easily. As for me in reality I wouldn't wear a belt either - it just sounded like a reasonable solution.

Wayne - I got a 42" blade for my Trailer Queen. I just need to get it up to Queeny appearance.

Steve - got back to late to edit my post below and provide more info. When I was pushing snow on a gear drive I had to feather the clutch to keep the snow from rolling over the top of the blade, or rolling off the wrong end of the blade. I wouldn't want to try slowing the tractor speed itself with the little Throttle control lever.

Also, all of this is really why I think a Hydro is a better overall tractor for most of the applications (mowing and pushing snow or throwing it).

Well, I got the muffler installed and tightened down tonight. It's back to "quiet" running. It's a decent evening, not too cold so I got around to swapping out the lift handle for the electric lift rocker and guard. It's starting to look like something again. The lift works, though for some reason it is backwards. Not sure how the wiring got reversed, I haven't touch anything and the wiring on the tractor is all original. The plug on the motor looks original also. Need to swap a wire somewhere.

Charging is marginal, though it always charged well enough to use it last summer and not have any starting issues. I took the lid off the regulator and the points were pretty crusty. I cleaned it up, works a bit better but not as well as could. The needle tends to jump around from no charge to charging and back. Not very smooth like the 149.

Before finishing up playing with it, the lift quit. No power coming from the switch. Not sure if the switch failed or it lost power somewhere up the line. I need to get the dash pulled and check wiring. It's in pretty bad condition(insulation cracked), so I need to rewire the whole thing.

Harry - You're right about that weight class; I'm a solid 85# over that! Actually, I was just checking to make sure my trailer will be OK when I haul my grandson's 1250 back to MN from NE after Christmas, so their won't be anyone on the tractor. Unless, of course, I make my bride too angry and she decides that I'll be riding that tractor home on the trailer! (Wouldn't that make for an interesting photo on the "Look What Followed Me Home" page?)

Harry,

I didn't plow all the time in 3rd. I tried it when it was getting dark, and I was getting tired.
The blade was in "trip" mode, and The only thing I could have hit was gravel in the driveway.

I kept the blade up 2-3 inches, so I wouldn't plow all my gravel out in the yard.
In third gear, the snow almost flew off the blade like a snow blower! That was nice. I also had the blade angled in the first slot from center.
I will say, while plowing in third, you had better have both hands on the wheel and be paying attention to what you are doing! Weee Doggy!
Shift.gif
lol.gif

"When I was pushing snow on a gear drive I had to feather the clutch to keep the snow from rolling over the top of the blade, or rolling off the wrong end of the blade. I wouldn't want to try slowing the tractor speed itself with the little Throttle control lever. "

Why not throttle back pushing snow???? No PTO to worry about keeping speed up for, throttle back some....snow doesn't push that hard...

If it's spilling over the blade in 3rd , it will spill over in 2nd too......you just have to wait longer because it takes you longer to get down the drive!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
Cub blades almost always spill over the ends, they just aren't that wide........so wind'r up and fling it outta the way!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Tricycle or not...No ROPS, No belt.....

Got to thinking last night on my "reverse" action lift switch. I'm thinking maybe since the switch is kinda loose in the dash, it got rotated around? Seems plausible why it works backwards. Wonder why they didn't locate it with a notch/flat spot to keep it clocked properly.

Since I'm pulling it apart I'll get it turned back around.

As for the snow issue. I'm glad I have a hyrdo!
wave.gif

....apparently plowing at high speeds breaks the forum........

....crickets.......

Latest posts

Back