• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Voltage Reducer ?????

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan Allen

displayname
dakotawing
Have been given a cc 147, been in a barn for 14 - 15 years an wiring terrible shape. I am going to rewire but on the + side of the coil wire there is what I would call a voltage reducer?
I believe some older dodge/ply products had them years ago.
This one is about three inches long and screws at each end with a little strip/coil of metal running through it.
What and should I put this back in my new wire?

Figured could get some info on here about this!

Thanks in advance!!!!!

If some previous owner replaced the coil with some aftermarket coil, it may have needed that resistor to control the supplied
voltage to the coil. For testing purposes, you can bypass it and run straight to the positive side. Just be aware that it may overheat the coil so don't run it like that for long. You can monitor the temp of the coil by touching the back of your hand to the "canister" part. The original coil didn't need an external resister. But there is no problem in running it if it works as intended!

Back