• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 08, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don, that New Mexico sun must be hard on the paint. Are you going to repaint the flames? They were shiny back in 2006 or whenever it was that you took this photo.

322412.jpg

Kraig,

That is one of our favorite photos! The sun here is very abusive. I've been holding off on repainting the hood because it is pretty beat up.
That said, I did order a new hood from Xtreme Motorworks as well as a decal kit from CC Specialties. I'm just waiting patiently now while contemplating decals and flames together and how to make it look good.

BTW, I still love my cub cadet mug. You are the best for finding that for me.

Don, I forgot about that mug..., I still have one stashed away for safe keeping.
happy.gif

PSA,

Tomorrow morning between 8:46 A.M and 10:28 A.M., all posting on the main forum board will be turned off as remembrance of 9-11.
The times are when the first plane hit and the last building fell.

That will certainly be a respectful gesture.

Thanks for the thoughts and remembrance of 9-11.

Hi David,

The piston is necessary due to the machining tolerances involved in manufacturing the piston. Depending on the style of piston; the skirt is measured in the location stated in the manual. Once that measurement is known; the block is machined and honed to a specific tolerance based off the piston measurement.

I'm definitely not an engine guy, but I'm sure some of these tolerances may change depending if you are using your engine in a pulling application, using alcohol, or other type of fuels with super chargers and turbo chargers. That type of stuff puts a lot more strain and stress on components that need more room to move around due to deflection. I can see where it can be done without the piston but you might end up in a situation where the piston might be on the small side and there will be more slop between the piston and cylinder wall. That might not end well.
explotar2jr.gif

Jim, I should be safe.
None of that other nonsense for me.
My pockets are not that deep and besides, last time I checked, IH was not building any more GT's

Back