• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 04, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard L Smith - (went to school with a guy by that name)
Your digital calipers to me are like using a yard stick. Dial calipers would be better BUT and Inside Mic is what you need.
At any rate IF you haven't found the stock bore diameter yet , you're 0.0355" tighter than stock with your measurement.

Charles R. Lamb - The stock rod journal size is 1.500" and the wear limit is 1.4990".

You need to go 3 places past the decimal when talking specs because with just 2 places you've got .009" lurking + or - in there
shhh.gif

Frank C. Fancy says, "HI, back at you!"
230059.gif
Yes, that is what I'm trying to say. It is also why I removed the tag line from the bottom of my posts. It seems that no one paid any attention to it.

Okay... Has anyone having trouble with their newly reassembled pump checked Sauer Danfoss15 Series SERVICE MANUAL Please click on this and study it checked to make sure they've installed correctly the following Items 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 at the bottom of page 25?

Off to work... have a beautiful Wednesday.

HEY GUYS.... STEVE B & BIG STEVE are FAMOUS! I saw their picture on the Internet yesterday!

Someone on an off-topic forum snapped them @ Half Century of Progress. Steve B on his 782 and BIG STEVE and someone else, (sorry I didn't recognize him) on Steve's hayrack with the home-made but factory-looking hoist. And just to show his craftsmanship off He had the bed of the rack raised a bit so BIG STEVE's feet didn't drag on the ground!

CHARLES LAMB - On your grandson's K241, PLEASE don't bore the block .030" O/S unless it needs it. Yes, displacement equals horsepower, but I really don't think you'll EVER see or feel the difference the .295 CID difference between +.010" O/S & +.030" O/S makes but I guarantee you'll see a difference in the balance of your checkbook when you have to hunt up a different block or sleeve the bore when you need to rebuild the engine next time. Kohler doesn't make K-series engines anymore so the number of rebuildable engines is finite now.

And yes, replace the points pushrod, and yes, there is NO rod bearing inserts, just a plasma coating on the wear surface of the conn rod, but you DID see the HUGE ball type main bearings correct? I've only heard of ONE person replacing valve guides on a K301 Kohler. If it was Me building this motor, I wouldn't bother. While I agree with MATT G., that many do replace the gov. gear assembly, governor shaft, & brass nut, I've only ever replaced ONE cross shaft when the machine shop broke the one I left in the block by mishandling the block. They didn't even tell me they broke it and charged me for the replacement part. The shop was only 5 mles from my house and I've NEVER been back in the place since, I now drive about 70 miles to a "Great" automotive machine shop.

ANYHOW, you can replace all that stuff. But my normal rebuild includes a .010" O/S piston & rings, new Kohler rod, normally .010" U/S on a reground crankshaft, new exh valve, all new gaskets & seals, regrind the intake valve & seat & exh valve seat, carb rebuild, new points & condensor, new spark plug, and careful assembly being meticulous about keeping everything clean.

Putting the engine back together is the FUN PART.

i have to show off

this is my 1961 cub when i started
230064.jpg

and this is it finished
happy.gif

230065.jpg

i will get better pictures of it next weekend at our show and with the rest of the crew(another 61 o, a 65 100, a 68 125 , anmd a 69 72 )

Hi all, whe went for a little tractor ride this past weekend, between to tracks and side rds we made it about 8 miles,every tractor made the hole trip, with out being towed, what a fun day
230070.jpg

230071.jpg

Chris R. Very nice work!!!! Nothing like the finished product.
greenthumb.gif

Chris R., great job! That deserves two thumbs up.
230073.gif
greenthumb.gif

Darren, hey, that looks like great fun.
happy.gif
Shift.gif

Hey Denny, shoot me the link!!!

It was Kraig, that was our 2nd ride we started last month and decided we need to do it once a month, each time we have a couple more tractors show up.

Back