• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 01, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vthomley

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Vincent Thomley
Black 122 Rims
93526.jpg

Vincent...those are awesome.

Rob Neubauer- Kohler K361 Cam - will drop right in, no durability problems.

Well I have a question. Building a stock 124 puller. Putting a 14hp kohler in and running 23/10.5/12 bar tires. Have a rearend with a 16 tooth second gear. Is that what I want or stay with the 19 tooth. What does the different gears do as in ground speed? Lower gear slower ground speed? This is my first tractor if you can't tell.

Your most likely gonna want to go with the 19 tooth gear with your 14 hp I have a 16 on uncut 23x10.50x12's that i have 22-24-26 in and we use 22 and 24 all the time. The 19 tooth will be a bit faster then the 16 tooth It is 2.1 mph faster when caculated on 26 inch rubber it should be fairly close on 23's

i pull a 124 with a 12hp k301 i pull dead weight with 23-10.5-12 un cut tires pulling with a 19 tooth and i could use a little faster gear

Ben,
I would stay with the 19 tooth gear. This 16hp below has a 19 tooth gear with 26x12x12 tires and never ran out of power all summer.
93962.jpg

Here it is with 26x12x12 cut hardened Firestones
93963.jpg

This 12hp below runs out of power at 1050 pounds, it also has a 19 tooth gear. At a lighter weight like 950 we run it in 2nd, plus looser track we can run it in 2nd.
93964.jpg

This 16hp below has a 17 tooth second and it wants a faster gear for next year.
93965.jpg

93966.jpg

Most 14hp stockers around here with 23 tires run 20, 21 or 22 tooth.

thanks to all your help guys. This site is great for help. I'm sure you guys will be seening more from me.

I need a two garden tractor trailer. I want haul a a cub puller and a Kubota bx 23 . Any recommendations on what to get or not to get.

DENNIS - For a couple Cubbies & small tractors a 7000# cap tandem axle car trailer would be fine, something with fold-up or slide-in ramps, 16 ft long would be plenty, bumper-hook with brakes on both axles. Easy to pull with a large full-size car or 1/2 ton pickup. The problem with getting something smaller is they're too easy to over-load and because they can be pulled with smaller tow vehicles too many "Friends" will borrow them and tear them up. Remember that the 7000# weight rating INCLUDES the weight of the trailer so You can actually only haul approx. 5000# of Stuff. Be sure You get plenty of chains & binders or nylon ratchet straps to tie everything down properly. Most states require four chains/straps rated for at least the weight of the object being tied down with the chain/strap.
It's probably a waste of time to try to find a used trailer like that although they are some available. There's trailer companies like H&H, PJ's, and literally hundreds of others that make trailers like I described. Make sure You look the trailer You buy over closely for good structural weld joints, secure wiring, and any other signs of shoddy workmanship.

Hi, I'm a newbee to cub cadets, and I want to PULL!! I have a 1977 1200 that I purchased with the clutch "shot", as well as the engine mounts,which I believe went hand in hand from looking at it when purchased.
This unit has the external brakes, and my son says that the internal brake units are better.
He calls it a spread frame that you can put a twin in.
Either way, it's going back on the ROAD.
I can cut and weld, but don't want to "BUTCH" this nice machine, just because he says it would be better.
I appreciate any constructive input.
Thank you, arthur t. Lisk
cell#330-204-3410

NEED HELP!!!. I'M BUILDING A DRAG RACING TRACTOR WITH A 327 CHEVY****I HAVE TO USE HYDROSTATIC TRANSMISSION. WHAT CAN I DO TO IMPROVE THE PUMP/VOLUME/PRESSURE IN A CUB CADET 1250 TO INCREASE REAR TIRE SPEED. I WANT TO GO FAST IN 1/8 MILE.

HELP PLEASE

BEN - Charlie's idea is a little easier than what I did but I put the bearing backplate, flywheel, & blower housing from My 12 HP onto My K321 to drop it right into My 72.
I'd had My 72 for about 25 yrs at that time and NO WAY was I cutting & welding on the frame. And lord knows I have a shop full of equipment to do work like that!

Latest posts

Back