• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 29, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kirk-sometimes the story behind the tractor is cooler than if it were a show piece.I love the looks I get from my neighbors when I cut the grass with my old 125

Ethan, I've done my share of garden plowing and snow blading over the years, but never mowed grass with an older Cub Cadet. It did a good job. I forgot to mention the 3-speed trans came from a 1000 and the lift arm from a model 70. Most parts came from very rough tractors that were being parted.

R E Woods; I'd find a new block or if you want to go the route of a brand new engine; I'd get the largest single cylinder engine (probably a 13Hp)and make sure it fits comfortably in the frame with the hood closed.

Helps if you know a good machine shop or a friend that is a machinist to make hubs and brackets to connect the drive shaft and to get the clutch to work. This way you won't have to hack up a good frame and in the future if you wanted to go back to the original engine,it won't be molested.

Got the first light dusting of snow today in Buffalo, N.Y. I guess it's time to move the Lawn machines to the back of the garage and the snow machine to the front. Since I last posted here I've Retired! One of the joys of that is I'll have cub time to remove the snow in my own yard and I don't have to go in and remove the snow in theirs!

Ethan K. My sons and grandchildren are getting my Cub Cadets.... I'm tired of having people offering me dirt for a very nice Cub Cadet... or the recent scenario.... try and get things for FREE. Taking advantage of someone was never my style of doing business.

Marlin-great news I’m glad that your cubs will be staying in your family,I didn’t want to insult you with a bad offer on the keepsake 1650 that’s why I was hoping you’d shoot me a price,again great news and good luck with the rest of the cleanup

Kirk,
I think it looks great!
thumbsup.gif

Ethan-

Chances are your AQS doesn't have balance gears. The dip stick goes through the area where the gears are located.

Kirk, that Cub Cadet of yours gives new meaning to the term "Parts Cub"
happy.gif
happy.gif

Marty, that QA42 appears to be in great condition. Nice score!

Marlin, good to hear that the Cubs will be staying in the family, sad to hear of the circumstance that lead to it however.

Wayne -it does I have the motor apart now to rebuild it,I have the old style according to the service manual,I was just wondering if it’s necessary to put them back

Latest posts

Back