• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 29, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klindstedt

displayname
Kevin Lindstedt
'Phew...phew...is this thing on?"

Sitting here working on CAD work that I brought home from the office looking out the window at the grass I should be cutting with my Cub Cadet 109. First sunny day here in almost a week. Still have plenty of time to mow this year, last year I mowed in December with my insulated coveralls on!

Any body have pics of the carb side of a 100,(K-241AS)?
I looked in the operator's manual, but most pics are of the 70.
I seem to have extra parts, and wonder if they go on this one or not.

Migraines do crazy things with one's thought pattern!
dizzy.gif

A wet and windy day in Northern Maine.

Marty: Any help?

317940.jpg

317941.jpg

My record keeping sucks, but posting here and using the SEARCH function is a plus.

317945.jpg

317946.jpg

Looking back at old posts, this 73 came in here in August, 2015. I've become quite attached to it.
happy.gif

Whoa, I was out of town last week and need to catch up here and get past the Yellow & White fever withdrawals.
icon_eek.gif

I have a re-power question for you guy's. The original Kohler 16 hp in my 169 finally gave way. There's a hole in the side of the block the size of a silver dollar. I'm wanting to go back with a newer engine; and I know I'll probably have to cut the frame to do so. I'm thinking a Kohler CH 18.
Your thoughts?

Cut the frame??
On a 169???
I'd sooner fix the hole in the block and salvage it. Have you got the piece that came out??
I once fixed a Wisconsin engine on a water pump w/the same problem using JB weld type stuff and it ran for decades afterwards. This was back in the 60's

re woods ,i,m with David on this one ,i repaired a large hole in the block ,with a steel plate ,drilled and taped the block ,and is still running fine ,

I'd sell the 169 and find something less rare/desirable to cut up, or try to find another block for the 169.

Mr. Woods-

I'm with Matt G. on this one. There are plenty of wide frames out there that would suffice in this case. There were only 4005 (I think) 169s made and they are only getting more desirable to collectors. If the engine can be fixed then I would give that a shot but cutting the frame should be out of the question here. Of course it's yours to do with as you please. You could also find a good K321a (14hp) and the tractor would be just as powerful.

I'm curious why it blew. Have you removed the engine yet? And were the balance (grenade) gears still present? Pics would be wonderful.

Good luck!

No I don't have a picture of the damaged block. It was however one of the grenade gears as Mr. Shytle referred to them. Not sure which one as I have yet to pull the motor.

Did something today that I have never done with an old Cub Cadet since messing with them 20+yrs.... MOWED GRASS. Didn't take long to figure out a hydro would be better for this task. Put this tractor together from spare parts for my son to have at his place. It has a 73 frame, 102 hood and grille, 72 dash, 38A mower deck and 10hp engine. It all fit together nicely. Yep, its ugly. Or could say it has patina, which is so popular now. It is mechanically sound though. Now time to take the deck off and put wheel weights, chains, and front blade on it for snow duty.

317965.jpg

317966.jpg

317967.jpg

Hey Hydro-

Have you got those grenade gears out of your trailer queen yet??

This is why the balance gears must go!

Thanks Frank!

Ethan and John,

You talked me into it.
The price going from $125 to $100 helped too.
lol.gif

QA 42, Serial #2?

317974.jpg

Marty-good deal...ummm I mean steal LOL,that thrower looks to be in fantastic shape too boot

Wayne-can you take the balance gears out of a k321aqs motor with out any Ill affects I’d like to take them out of the motor for my double stick 1450 seeing how the seem to to be troublesome

Back