• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 27, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Aaron S thats one fine looking 782D and the plow looks great. Do you have the hyd angle installed? Some day i will find a 782D for me here. Great job.
Later Don T
animatedihbear.gif

Aaron, awesome job on the blade! one thing, I'm not sure how well that chain will work. It should work just fine for lifting but it won't allow for any down force. Is that just temporary?

Funny, I was just thinking the other day "Hmmm, Terry B. hasn't posted in quite a while." Terry looks like you had a nice day out with the Cubs.
happy.gif

Charlie, very nice night light!

Morning Kraiq, Today i`am out in the Cub shed and was thinking that i should replace the fluid in the rear end of my O. But how do you know how much gear oil to use when there is no bolt in the rear cover to check the level? Just wonder if you knew how much to add. I borrowed a spare shifter from the 73 rear end that i have here. i need the O with mower deck for the leaves, I `am going to see if it will mulch leaves because all i see is leaves lol Later Don T

Donald...
rtfm2.gif

always wanted to use this... 7 pints on a gear drive.

Don,
icon_eek.gif
yep, I'd say it well past due for fluid replacement. There should be a plug on the right side of the reduction housing, that is the fill level. Remove the plug and SLOWLY fill the transmission through the fill plug on top of the transmission until fluid comes out the level plug. Or if you have not yet installed the shift lever you can fill it through there which is MUCH easier then through the little fill hole.
happy.gif

95884.jpg

Thanks Kraiq, But since i have the shifter off i`ll fill through there. I got a 20 liter pail here so i got lots lol. I`l post when completed.THanks for the info, have the manual on CD but posted to post something Cub related ,maybe you could post another shot of your O lol
worthless.gif
Later Don T

Here is my winter project 1650. It won't look the same after the rebuild. Thanks Jamie}

Charlie....went up to Baroda this morning....WOW BIG SCORE....I OWE YOU BIG TIME........
worthy.gif
worthy.gif

Pictures to follow later...I'm at the brother-in-laws small engine shop servicing a Cub 2140 right now and don't have my camera with me.....

Don-
Looks like it really did need to be changed. You said "gear oil".....you know you shouldn't use "gear oil".......right?

Art, Kraiq , I have all i need here to paint the O and will do that this winter. well i have to finish the 129 first , all things in time lol
95907.jpg

I want to post a picture of my 1650 but it says the picture is to big. I have tried everything and can't post the picture.Can someone please help.Thanks Jamie

Kraig,

Thanks on the blade. The reason that I use the chain is to allow the blade to float up and ride up the snow piles. I have pushed snow last year with one and the pile was higher than the tractor, but the pile gets kinda drawn out. The blade is heavier than the original ones and has lots of "gravity" down pressure. I built a rod for use on gravel and dirt and works good.

here are some pics of my next project.

Terry Busch,
Nice pics the other day of the tiller.

All,
We've got heary clay soil in NW Indiana and the tiller really creates a lot of lateral shaking of my 147. Is this normal or should I take off a set of tines on either side of the tiller to groom less soil?

Aaron,
thumbsup.gif

Jamie, email your photo to me and I'll get it posted for you.

Latest posts

Back