• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 27, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don-
That may work... Can you not get Hytran up there in the Great White North??

Hey everybody...
Take a look at the rear cover on the left tire of that original Don posted a picture of. It's obvious the fluid has moisture in it.
95914.jpg

Would the inside of that cover have rusted with Hytran in there?? <font size="-2">Doubtful in my opinion</font>

Art, well i can have hytran shipped in but the cost $$$$. Case Dealer said this was the best replacement for it.So i bought 2 pails and have empted 1 so far.Oh Charlie sent me a a part that was needed for the 100 .Thanks Charlie
thumbsup_old.gif
Now i might as well change the oil in my O. Later All and thanks so much guys.. Don T
worthy.gif

Kraiq, Art ,when you chage your oil in an O do you check it resting the stick on the hole or tighten it down ?
stupid.gif

Thanks guys, last week I asked if there was a grease fitting on my 126's steering gear box and a few of you replied with pics, well sure enough I found it last weekend and greased the gear box and now she steers nice and smooth, thanks again.

Don, if your Original has the press fit dip stick with the O ring seal like all my Kohlers have, I fully insert the dip stick to check the oil level. If yours has a screw in dip stick I have no idea.... <FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Art,
Funny you should mention Don T. and Dipstick in the same sentence, there's just gotta be some sort of correlation!
rofl.gif

Charlie, So did I! Hmmm, <font size="+1">D</font><font size="-2">ip</font><font size="+1">on</font> <font size="-2">s</font><font size="+1">T</font><font size="-2">ick</font><font size="+1">anner</font>
angel.gif

Howdy folks, getting a good bit of seat time doing yard work as the leaves start to fall.
The 109 is on mow duty while the O is on trailer duty and the 147 is still down with carb issues.
95924.jpg

Don T eh... I rest the screw in dip stick like this.
dang pic is too big I'll email it to ya Don but for others it should rest on the lower side of the hole with threads above, Hope that makes some sense

Well Don B thanks that is what i did to get the right level. thanks so much and don`t read from the peanut gallery lol... Oil changed in O is now complete and have 2 O`s now running again. Next i just have 6 left that i`am sure could use a few adjustments. later Don T
bash.gif

I have a 1650 cub with a kohler 16hp engine.
We are going to tear it apart this winter.
It has got a noise to it and shakes bad at
a idle. I know that it has balance gears but
i have heard people taking them out when they rebuid them. Is it best to put them back in.
I use it to mow and use a tller on it.
Thanks Jamie

Jamie, if it were mine I'd take them out and leave them out. <FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Don, nice sign!
greenthumb.gif

Aaron,

Those blades can and will kiss the grill housing when bucking piles, even with a rod...I'd use caution (and a solid rod) if it were mine.

Kraig,

Insert "Blunier Ramming Speed" photos here....

Jamie C, I had tons of issues with pictures at first. I tried using the photo editor that my wife put on the computer when she got her new camera. I'd resize them and they still wouldn't post. Someone at work told me about irfanview.com and I installed it in less than a minute, it's easy to use, and when you resize them you can post them first try. Just my $.02

Yes Charlie thanks a bunch for them. My Dodge Ram will keep her paint a little longer now. I did have a lol when i seen the little guy key chain. Don`t know what Cub he will hang on. Thanks youall are the best. I will be looking at the parts list here for an order in the next few days.
95938.jpg

Latest posts

Back