• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 27, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis:
We paid $2.29 just before Christmas... We can't lock in a price because we haven't bought enough in the past, probably good thing this year. We left the 'stat set at 50.. Where we are right now, we had to turn the heat on this morning - it was 56 inside and 42 out. It's around 1:30 and it's 71 now.......Getting the Yamaha out to go for a cruise shortly..

Bradley - nice cabin, looks to be easy to heat, hope there's not too many in your family, though.

KENDELL - We had our house down as low as 60-61 in Nov. before We turned the furnace on. I could have lcoked Our LP last fall for $2.15/gal. I called two other LP suppliers, they were both cheaper, one as much as $0.15/gal. But Our tank is leased from current supplier. But that very well could change this spring.

Actually, @ $2.29/gal. with the difference in BTU/gal. oil is a better deal.

Dennis:
A better deal would be not having to heat the place just for the mice.......

Went about 80 miles this afternoon on the V Star... Got cool before sunset, had to put a light jacket on.. (grin)

Kendell, thanks!my daughter loves it too,she waits for the bus every morning in there.no heat but makes a great wind break.my driveway is really long and curvy,takes a while with a 42 blade.
113324.jpg
113325.jpg

So much for blocking some of this up today. 2" of wet snow overnight. "New snow to make the old snow go". Maybe by the end of April.

131053.jpg

Don T: I was here when you called this morning:
I was thinking of you, though. During the first hour of "warm-up" I was thinking "even Don is in better shape than I am", after a winter of putting wood in the stove being practically all the exercise I got!
fence.gif
clappy.gif
149840.jpg

I'm making progress on my firewood pile.
happy.gif

The first two photos show what the pile looked like right after it was delivered in January. A few weeks back I started cutting it. The bottom 3 photos show my progress. Time to buy a log splitter, the wife gave me the OK to get one.
clappy.gif

I'M THINKING OF GETTING THIS ONE Or the Speeco equivalent from Fleet Farm. I believe Speeco makes them both.

150101.jpg

150102.jpg

150103.jpg

150104.jpg

150105.jpg

KRAIG - Only suggestion I would make about that splitter is if You can get a HONDA engine for a few extra Dollars they would be worth it. It already has the good 2-stage pump, big cylinder, 4" x 24". Wife & I got a pressure washer last summer to work on cleaning Our deck and I could only afford one of My two requirements, the Honda engine, The CAT pump was WAY over-priced.

Son used to labor for a masonary company. All their mud-mixers were Honda-powered. First batch every day Son would have to choke the engine, and it would start & run wide open on the second pull. Rest of the day it was one half-hearted pull and it was running first pull. And they run like that for years.

I don't have any experience with the new B&S engines, they can't be too bad, but I know the Honda's rival the old Kohler K-series in durability, You just can't afford to rebuild them.

Denny, I've heard both good and bad about Honda engines, not sure they are worth the extra $$$$. That splitter is available with a Honda, I did look at the prices at Fleet Farm, I forget what the Honda added to the price, must have been a bunch because I quickly forgot the price and only remember the B&S price. I have a B&S on my MTD tiller (rear tine style) I bought it new back in the mid 1990's, I forget exactly what year. It has always been a good starter. Typical starting sequence is full choke for the first pull and it usually fires and then dies, second pull with full choke it fires and stays running then I ease it off of choke. Last spring, after setting all winter, it started on the first pull! Hmmmm, it must be getting broke in.
happy.gif

150107.jpg

Unless you have a solid go to shop for Honda engine parts stay away from them. That's my experience after trying to find simple carb parts for a GXH50.

Latest posts

Back