• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 27, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember guys, since the 'others' are out playing in the sandbox... er field, It's up to us to keep the board active....

pics from yesterdays 'de-gunking'

before--- 36 years of well oiled grass
43420.jpg

After- castrol super clean and the husky...
43421.jpg

Done
43422.jpg

PS.. Happiness is removing the fender assembly with the same tools it was put on at the factory!!!! no rust!!!

I have a 1450 bought new in 1978 which I am trying to keep running. Having a problem with gasoline leaking from the carburator so took it off partially ( wasn't able to remove the governor rod) cleaned it up with carb cleaner and reassembled it only to have the same gas leak occur. Any suggestions? Thanks.

George, look at your gaskets, hose connections, fuel shut off (if equipped), and see if your bowl is leakin. Awful quiet on the forum w/ everybody at plowday at the Bluniers huh...Glen

George,
Also check to see if the bottom of the float bowl is flat or not. They can get pushed in over time and keep the top of the float bowl form seating tightly. Lay the bowl bottom down on your workbench and use a small ball pein hammer or a socket to flatten the bottom of the bowl.

Scott: WOW!! What a difference!

I take it you used a power washer?...or engine degreaser and a garden hose?

On Charlie's recomendation, I took a grease gun to the steering box zerk and have noticed that the steering works much better. I didn't have to remove the skid plate, but I did have to take off the mower deck and hanger to get to it (with my gun, anyway).

I did notice some slop in the 149's steering knuckles. Is that normal or should it be pretty tight?

George: Welcome to the forum!
wave.gif

When you say you have gas leaking from the carb......

Is it running/dripping out of the bore of the carb, or dripping from the bottom of the carb?

If the gas is running/dripping from the bore of the carb, then the needle isn't fully seated (shutting off the flow of gas) There are a few different causes of this..worn needle/seat, dirt preventing the needle from seating, or a bad float..possibly a hole in it, or the tab is broken off or bent down.

If the gas is dripping from the bottom of the carb, then it is either a bad bowl gasket, bad gasket on the bolt that holds the bowl on the carb body, bad/cracked rubber fuel line, or maybe even a bad fuel line clamp.

Mike F...I put new steering knuckles on my 147. That part of the steering now has no free-play but turns easily. Old ones rattled in the sockets, new ones have rubber covers for protection.

Latest posts

Back