• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 27, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummm Kraig,
I think you forgot about this one, way back when i frist posted that pic!
43397.jpg

Matt: I figured it had something to do with steering effort. It has been stored indoors all it's life so there isn't a check to be found on the tires. Just the fronts get worn out!

Ok Guys. I have a 149, and the block or cylinder has 13 fins on it, but the blower housing stickers say it's a 12 hp, when it's supposed to be a 14, and has the 16 hp block on it. Three people other than me counted all 13 fins, 14 counting one on the bottom of the head. SO, I'm gonna take Charlies' suggestion and turn my 149 into a 169 via decals,and a correct filter and air cleaner cover. Like this one from CC Specialties.
43402.jpg

And, I got the top part of my sleeve hitch installed, and I noticed that the lift cylinder lost a pin in the top hole where it connects to the lift arm that lifts the deck up, so I locked in place with a new pin,(now there are two above each other) so It functions corerectly, and i can put down pressure on my implements... any suggestions, Glen

Glen M.-

Take off all of the tinwork around the head and count the number of head bolts/studs...9 means you have a 10, 12, or 14 horse motor, 10 means you have a 16. The 16 horse block and head are different than the smaller ones. For some reason I thought that all the 12 and 14 horse blocks had 13 fins, whereas some 16's did and some didn't. A 12 or 14 horse with 13 fins is nothing special.

OK Matt,I'll do that tomorrow, and I'll let you all know what my findings were, and I'll have to rtfm
rtfm.gif

ok guys, i found my 128's twin.. a 128! I called the guy selling it and he says the body is in good condition but all of a sudden the engine started smoking liek crazy. This sounds very bad and he wants $200 for it. This sounds high to me so im going to go look at it tomorrow. With the engine smoking like it is, what should i look for and listen for so i can let uns know about it tomorrow. Also post things to watch for
bazooka.gif

What color is the smoke? Check the oil color, level, and smell. Also, smell the exhaust and see if you smell oil in it. look in the sun when your run it tomorrow and see if white or gray smoke is constantly coming outof the muffler, and when you shut it down ,let it cool off for about 10-20 seconds, and start it again to see if it smokes alot. DO NOT CHOKE IT!!!or else you will get an inaccurate reading, and check your crankcase breather for blowby (behind air filter housing on left side if ur facing it)... that'll tell you if you need rings or not, and how badly they are worn. It's probably burning oil and needs a rebuild, or a set of rings, and a good cylinder boring/honing in laymans' terms. I know because my 149 has the same problem... Glen
beer2.gif

<font size="+2">PLOW DAY 12 INFO</font>

We plowed a little tonight, it was wet, but tomorrow is supposed to be nice and sunny and by 10:00 AM I bet we will be able to go without issues.

We had a great evening, tomorrow should be just as much fun!!!!

See you in the morning!!

Mark S:

"Yes, another 4 terminal. Do I have to arc it out? The wire form the ground terminal toStarter Generator (The blue wire) started to melt."

The blue wire to the "G" terminal on the V/R is NOT a ground wire. G = Generator.

If you have the correct V/R, and is wired as the previous diagram, the wires and terminals are in good condition, then there should be no issues. This is also in consideration, that the S/G is functioning correctly.
thumbsup.gif

Glenn, I would install your hour meter electrically on the circuit with your coil, so that it is running whenever the ignition is on. As far as where to put it, I don't have a clue, other than look for a knockout plug or something that would indicate where it might go. I looked at my 129 and did not see any obvious place for one though, so you might need to take a hole saw and cut one.
lazerburn.gif

Bruce, they go on the left side panel if you are sitting on the tractor... the 169's had a hole pre cut in the left one for the hour meter wich was standard equipment.

how were the dual hydro controll levers on a QL configured... I know that I've asked before, but I can't find the pics using the Search feature... Glen

I was talking to my dad about the Cub Cadet Hydrostatic units, and I mentioned that they have a reputation for being extremely rugged. He then told me why: They were actually built by the same company, and adapted from nearly identical units used to aim and move artillery pieces that he serviced in Korea during the war. His perspective included a lifetime working around all types of automotive and heavy equipment, either growing up as a farmboy or working in the diesel engine business, so I take him at his word.

Glen, I will look again on my 129, but I didn't see any obvious place for one. It does have a large hole where the recessed ignition switch is, and a smaller (5/8" diameter) hole right next to it. Sounds like you are on the right track with it. You will have to put in an engine which is as fresh as that meter though so it matches up.
baldguy.gif

well guys, forget the other 128. Half of it is made of wood. Plus wouldn't even start liek he said it would. I walked off and didn't turn back

Back