• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 26, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, no chamfers. Must not be a Dan H. design
lol.gif

The far back hole on the double drilled lift pins (AKA 6-way pin) uses leverage to lift the attatchment higher. This is particularly usefull on the plows. It gains 3-4" of lift height without sacrificing depth. Helps a lot when you're driving around on the Plow Day host's yard
lol.gif

No Bryan- no chamfers. Mine's an IH-designed-and-produced part. I did simplfy by not including the nasty 'gunge' that appeared in one end as a likely result of IH's manufacturing using ever-last-bit of a piece of round-stock, rather than use a full-clean piece.

If it were my design, I'd chamfer, or at least break the outside (exposed) edge to keep from slashing pantlegs, etc., but after fighting with this one, I'd leave the inside cut square-and-sharp, 'cause it tends to scrape the bore of the casting clean when it's inserted. With all the crud that appears in there over a summer of occasional use, a chamfered-edge will tend to 'jam' the crud between lift rod and casting wall. BTDT...

Dave K -

Eh, I always leave my pins in whether I need 'em or not - no crud
wink.gif

Hee hee... glad to hear I'm not the only one who uses a nail!

I'd leave mine in, but it interferes with other implements... especially if Nick pulls the lift lever "ka-runch!"

BTW... I really respect Dan H's work... and I appreciate a 'sanitary' Cub... but I respect the Cub's ability to work even more... Everyone who's seen the finish of my Cubs will agree that mine get worked too much to be 'detailed'... :) I just can't seem to get into the 'trailer queen' frame-of-mind... perhaps it's the smell of Windex, or having to carry a roll of paper towels? But hey- the 109's got new rear tires, and been washed like... three times in the last two days... now all I hafta do is pick off all the leaves, dump the rain off the hood, and load it up for dirt-duty!

(Message edited by dkamp on October 27, 2004)

Hey Wyatt - I'll loan You My "Nail Extractor" for that finish nail ;-) I donated one of those 6-way pins to the drawing at a PD couple yrs ago..... Never did quite figure out the "6" part of the six-way. Like some others have done.... I built My sleeve hitch from scratch from scrap... and by the looks of Son sitting on the 72 in the back of My truck having just fall plowed Dad's garden I'd say I made it in 1984 or 1985. Anything else I build is made to Cat O specs.....

I think I've heard the trailer queen title thrown around a little too much. At one point I had just repainted a plow, got a compliment with the caviat "as long as it's not just a trailer queen". . . if you don't think something should sit on a trailer, make/paint one of your own and use it. It's the owner's preference where it sits and what it does.

FWIW, I'll be bringing Cubs P&D Volume 4 to PD8 to hand out to those on "the list". Those on "the list" but unable to attend I'll be mailing Cubs P&D Vol. 4 out to you in the coming weeks. If you know you are on "the list" and have moved in the last year or so please email me your updated mailing address. If you don't know if you are on "the list" that's OK, I know..... :eek:)

David G. I painted my 149 fiberglass dash with CC paint (rattle can) and it worked just fine. It's been about four or five years now and it still looks great.

Brian

David G. -

Sorry, I've been dealing with, um, other issues here
wink.gif

What Brian J said - the MTD CC paint is holding on to the 1450's dash just fine, been about 5 years as well.

Hello Everyone!
Okay a newby here with a newby question.
Did IH ever use the hydro output shaft for anything? I have a 127 and want to know if there were any implements or accessories powered by the hydro output shaft. I am talking about the narrow frame 127's etc. Not MTD built units.
Thank you.

Brian A..

lucky for you we don't speak MTD here....

below is a mod that someone did (Kraig, insert name here) to a cub for a knarly backblade. there are more oics to go with this, but yes... it's been done (quite well,in fact)

22474.jpg

That would be Craig De Long's hydraulic mod and grader.

Here's what Craig posted about the mod:
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I have just added Aux. Hydraulics to a 147 by connecting a 4 gal. per minute pump to the output shaft of the hydro. Seems to work quite well so far. I replaced the tin cover on the rear housing with a 1/4" plate and mounted the pump on the rear of it. Hyd fluid is drawn out of the rear assy., thru a filter and into the pump. Rear housing is acting as the tank and after going thru pump and valve, fluid is dumped back in the rear thru another fitting in the plate. Its a bolt on unit that fits quite well under the seat but you have to remove some of the tin in the under-seat compartment. If anyone knows any problems this can cause the hydro ....please let me know. I'll try and post a photo if I can figger it out!
C. DeLong
Well thanks guys, had the idea in my head for quite a while now, finally got around to working on it. Pump is from Northern, can get quite a few differant volumes-pressures, all mount same. Valve is three spool eaton 6 gal. per minute. Filter mount is off 85 Ford 6.9 diesel fuel filter, ports rebored and retapped, fitted with napa 1244 hyd filter (for small size). Pump is coupled with hollow shaft bored 5/8" hydro end and 1/2" with key slot and set screw on pump end.
Whole arrangement is quite simple to build. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

BRIAN A. - Actually IHC themselves used that stub of a hydro shaft to power the available rear PTO on the 982 CC. The other SGT's had it also.

KRAIG - That's it. I haven't had the fenders off My 982 yet or the whole rear cover so I haven't seen all those pieces up close & personal. I changed the sway limiting bars to limit all sway before PD two years ago but that's it.

Wow, that is Gnarly... but I like it! (I guess that means Charlie's battery-relocation won't work there, eh?

That 982 PTO... was the PTO RPM reduction (from engine speed) done just through the belts, or did Item #13 have a reducer in it, too?

Sweet!!
this is exactly why I asked the question!!
From the pic, it looks like the pump is right there under the pressure gauge behind the filter. But the description says the pump is on the rear of the 1/4" replacement cover plate? So is it hanging outside or inside under the seat area?
I am guessing the pump connecting shaft is running immediately under the filter.
Pump would have to be a 3500rpm input capable unit?

Latest posts

Back