• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 26, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan, sorry to hear about your friend. I'll be praying for his family.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on October 26, 2004)

Oh Man.....I can't believe I missed out on the NorthEast Cub show. It figures....Anyway, when is the next one?

So who ended up with Harolds Original? Paul Bell? Would be a good choice

Tim, thanks. Looks like there were lots of very nice Cubs there.

Mike M.
Harold's Original is still with his family, with no plans to sell it that I am aware of. His wife is considering some options on placing it where it can be seen and/or permanently displayed.

That's great news Paul. IMHO, that tractor is the perfect tractor to become a museum piece due to it's history...

Disregarding a traffic control device doesn't sound like an accident to me. This family is going to need more than inane pleadings to some mythical deity. You better start making donations in wheelbarrow loads of cash. Hopefully the family of the driver of that car sues the socks off the family that allows an 89 year old man to drive a tractor on public roads.

Accidents can be prevented.

Hey guys, I really don't want to order a gasket for the fuel bowl on my 104. Anyone got any advice for making one? Can I use Cork, Rubber?

Is the cast iron tube-looking thing on the back of my 100, which raises and lowers with the deck, a sleeve hitch? Would I need anything else to mount a Cub Cadet box blade to it, which says on the box, "must be used in conjunction with a sleeve hitch"?

John, that cast part is the upper portion of a Cub Cadet 3 point, there should also be a bracket behind the drawbar with 3, 1/2" holes on each side aligned verticaly. If you have a Cub Cadet #40 box blade you should be all set to go. If you have a Brinly or Agri-Fab grader blade you'll also need a Brinly sleeve hitch adapter.

Johnny Sonshine,
I posted pics the other day right after you asked this same question on what you needed for a sleeve hitch adaptor, did ya miss'um?

John, perhaps this will help.
22456.jpg

How about you go to hell, Buck?

US24 is a divided highway, he made across the first set of lanes, stopped in middle, checked again, but the 19yr old kid was speeding, came over the hill, and the loader stabbed the side of the car.

The tractor rolled 3 times and landed on top of his chest. He died at the site due to massive chest injuries.

Oh sure. Let's blame the victim.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

John S. Wilson, of Wabash, was driving the tractor south on County Road 700 West and failed to yield the right of way at a stop sign at the intersection with U.S. 24, police said.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Geez Buck, yer too fast for me...

So which story is the truth?

Technically, he did not have right of way, that is why the police wrote it up that way.

There have been several accidents at the location with automobile, and operators were of all ages. The hill is hard to see over, and although posted 55, people go lots faster.

Crossing 48' of highway (2 traffic lanes & 2 turn lanes) in an old tractor takes more than a couple seconds.

I am not saying the kid was 100% at fault, but the speed of the vehicle played part. Car was going so fast he couldn't avoid the collision either though. John was at fault as well.

Media also reported it was a 1940 tractor, but the D15 wasn't made until much later. Maybe they don't have all the detail, eh?

Ryan -

roflol.gif
Damn those reporters, can't even get the vintage of the tractor right...

Dan Rather will surely show that the serial number plate from the tractor shows it to be from 1940 and has original documents to back it up.
lol.gif

Latest posts

Back