• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 26, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank, Do those wieghts you are talking about have part numbers or brand cast into them?

Frank, I don't live too far away. I will come over next weekend to pick up those weights to see it I can ID then here - some pretty knowledgable guys around here !!

Ken, I like the 45th and 50th anniversary ideas. I'll try to make it, if my family's schedule allows!

CJM

John:
I cannot find any identifications on them at all. They appear to be production but from what?

Charlie:

Need to bring Goliath with you to pick them up HA! HA!. I am scared to put them on the bathroom scale and weigh them for fear of breaking it.

I have an old beam scale but will need to drag out cherry picker to hang it on and then jack up with weights attached.

I have a pic of them but am not good at posting pics so I do not try.

The Split weights that were discussed earlier have the following JD(hate to mention) part numbers:

16" H 78062 (inside) H 80070 (outside)
24" H 78063 (inside) H 78064 (outside)
aux. outside weight H 80071

My 6600 has the entire 16" combination.

I'm officially giving up on plowing for the fall. The plow Gods are definitely NOT with me this season. I made it out to Dad's place, got the 129+ warmed up and ready to roll and away I went. All the good things that I remembered were going on - lots of power, speed and plowing DEEP!!! I got running at pretty good clip and on the return pass of my first round, I rolled the furrow front tire off the wheel. SH*T!!!! Back on the trailer it went.

I've had trouble with these front tires before; the beads are just a touch hard and too big. I'm scraping these bad boys and replacing them with something better. Plus, I need more weight on the front when plowing good black dirt. It was skating too much which made me turn to the left to keep it in the furrow which aggravated my bead problem.

Enough whining. In the infamous words of Arnie, "the Gov", "Ei'll be Baack!"

(Daydreaming)...It's the 45th anniversary celebration for MTD/Cub Cadet. MTD has agreed to be one of the sponsors of a 24 hour plowing marathon of Cub Cadets. To help commerate the occasion they have brought in Charlie Dimmock from BBC America's Ground Force.
http://www.charliedimmock.beautifulbritain.co.uk/
(Still dreaming....) Cub Cadets everywhere, 120 acres to be plowed, Charlie has agreed to do a makeover of a fellow Cubber's backyard.....

Hi All. I would like to send out a big thank you to Ryan Mull (and Mike Horn from the WFM site) for helping me get a Brinly 3pt back blade from Wisconsin back to Indiana. I had a very enjoyable time visiting with Ryan, his wife Amanda and their dogs
happy.gif
Thanks guy's!

Kent

Don V,
Nice meeting you when I wasn't shivering. I could understand what we said, since I didn't have to listen over the sound of my teeth chattering today. All the parts were still in the same place in the pickup bed when I got home.

Ken U,
Depending on when it is, I'd love to be there. Not sure how, but that's been solved before. I'm sure you'll keep us informed.

John L & Frank M,
Thanks for the weight info. At least I'll know where to start scrounging.

Charlie.... I like the jiggle :+)....(But, I still like the 24 hour plowing idea.)

Kind of makes me happy to share a name with her. Do you think she'll really do a water garden for me?

CJM

I had the cherry picker out to change engines in one of my 1200s. While I had it out I weighed the weights. Oops. I missed by a lot. They weigh 175# each. Now I know why I had trouble lifting them into the truck. Got pics but posting them is not my strong suit.

Don V.

I took several picturs of the bearing and drive plate combination I told you about some time back. Can e-mail them to you. I never have luck putting them on here.

Was bidding on a Kubota that could have been a diesel donor but it got too high when a trip to Dallas was thrown in to get it.

Hello everyone.
While mounting the 42" blade on my 124 this weekend, I found that I couldn't get the blade pushed back far enough to lock the front bar on the quick attach. The blade subframe is all the way back against the rockshaft, but I still have about 1/8 inch to go before the lock bar will latch. I'm thinking about loosening the rockshaft mounting bolts, along with the foot plate bolts seeing if there is enough play to get the blade back a bit further. I would then tighten up all the bolts. I have the correct subframe for a narrow frame.
Has anyone else seen this or have any thoughts?

Ken-
I'm in, I'd be willing to spend some time for planning / organizing if there's a need for that . . . . heck I'd even contract myself for design time for an anniversary tractor, it's not like I'm a stranger to tractor design, just not necessarily that small.

Ken,

Plowing record...sure I'm in!!!

TN...LONG drive, but sure, why not!!!!

Bryan,

(In my best Homer Sipmson typing....)

Mmmmmm...Quad-Track!!!!!!!

Took Friday off to do some chores (sick of work)....

Got all of the tractors involved!!!!

100 had leaf sweeper duty....

13266.jpg

169 got to hog the 59M...lots of fun!!!!

13267.jpg

13268.jpg

Leaf shreddings got disked into the garden afterwards...good mulch...

149 did lawn mowing duty.

Saturday I helped a friend move into their new house......needless to say, Friday was more fun than Sat!!!!!!!!

(Message edited by sblunier on October 26, 2003)

Hey I loved the plowin' thing as much as the next guy, but do you know how tough running a short wheel base tractor for 24 hours is on your a$$?? Shwewwwwwww!!

Latest posts

Back