• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 26, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art, No I didn't make it to plowday, I tried really hard, just didn't make it. That original is a later one.
Steve B, looks are a personal thing but my vote for IH's best looking tractor is split between this or a 1206
13288.jpg

I am currently putting together a 42" deck with some parts I have had around for several years.I am using the old cast iron spindles with the tapered bearings. How do the grease seals go in? There was a lot of discussion on the forum some time ago, but I can't find it now. Also, the only rear hangers I have are like the ones on the 48" deck. The 42 has a different one. Will either work? Many thanks.

Hugh,
Finding a good bean field is not the problem, I have talked to many guys up here that would love to have a PD event. The problem is it's a long way for most guys to travel and the weather is iffy at best most of the time as you well know! Remember last April!

Ken- Count me in for TN, and a trailer load of tractors.

Kent- Same back at ya! Very nice blade.

Ken-Just went to the Guiness Book of World Records website. Sounds like you better submit the idea quick. It says on the website it could take as long as six weeks for a response.
Count me in for the night thing. I have got to get back to one of these events. No more babies for me until I get back to a PD.

DAVE Nice pic's of the 450. One Dad had back in the 60's wasn't the Best tractor IH ever made but it sure beat the green one that replaced it! Dad should have kept looking for the tractor in Your second Picture! ; - ) Tough call if an 806 or 1206 is prettier. Guys at FARMALL that were around for the start of 1206 production said That was the smoothest start-up of ANY tractor IH ever did. KEITH E.... INNER TUBES YOUNG MAN.....put inner tubes in those frt tires.....Biggest complaint We had at FARMALL on Our tractors was the fact We tried to use tubeless tires on the front of them. I'm to the point now only the 18-8.50 X 8's on the 982 need tubes. Everything else has them.

Denny called Keith "young". . .
roflol.gif

<font size="-2">(ongoing joke between me and 'Dad')</font>

Denny -

Ought to check that link out, too...

by the looks of bryan's map, plow day wont be comin to my neck of the woods any time soon, i guess we need to have some kinda nw get together.

ups delievered my new tru power tires, and a box of engine parts from madsons last week, sat. i painted most of the white parts for the 149, should look good from about 10 feet away.
should get the cam back from the grinder tommarow, and the block from the machine shop, then i can start building the engine

jerry b did ya get that 149 going? man what a score. a free 149 you lucky dog.

Hey James, just to add to the electric vs hydro lift discussion . . .

I have a 147 and have been using the electric lift on it for a number of years now. I use it for the mower deck, snow thrower, tiller and the brinly and it works just fine without a spring assist. I'm not saying it's better than a hydro lift but it does the job. As far as the stop for up and down, there really is none. You have to be careful when putting it up or down that you don't hold the switch at the end of the travel and stress or strip the gears in it. A hydro lift is the way to go but the electric works fine as factory installed equipment and may be cheaper than the hydro lift if cost is an issue.

Steve S.

Doug B. -

Then ya best stand up and be counted and send your information to me ;)

BTW, it'd be nice if all our Canadian friends would send their town, province and postal code, too...

Remember, send your information to me with the subject line Map Survey

"one of IH's sharpest looking tractors IMHO"

ONE OF......I am VERY partial to the 1206 as well.

Bryan's map,

Hmmmmmmmm....who suggested N. IL and/or S. WI?????
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Stick a pin in the map at Peoria, IL and draw a 200, 400, and 500 miles radius. 500 miles get all of Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, most of Ohio, Missouri, and Wisconsin, big chunks of Minnesota, Michigan and Tennesse, and even a bit of Nebraska and Kansas. Lessee.... just who might be centrally located? ;-) Gadget

He Bryan, you got an updated map... or is it too early to see any changes since the last one you posted?

I'll throw in my vote, the 1206 is one of the best, if not the best looking tractor ever. However, having spent many an hour riding on the fender of my cousin's 656 as a kid, I am a bit partial to the 656's looks.

Gadget -

Just updating the spreadsheet here at the office, will update the map when I get home. Look here about 19:00 Central...

If folks filled in their profiles correctly, I could grab some info off of there, too...

I drew a few of them circles on Sunday, too. Interesting indeed...

RYAN - Well..... Your a Young Man too. hehehe Bryan - Few things not totally correct on that 1206..... the red rear wheels & muffler for instance, but still a really NICE looking tractor. It's not like I'm totally against a little Creativity since NONE of My tractors are "100% correct". I sure wish I could afford the time & space to fix a couple X06 or X56 series tractors up....

Latest posts

Back