• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 26, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken U - I like the thought of 24 Hrs of cub plowing. Keep us updated on it and the 45th of Cub. The sooner the better so that we can plan vacations accordingly.

Went to a local show today and saw this again, this time I had the camera with me
13273.jpg

13272.jpg

Anybody ever seen anything like this before

I am about to drop a K-301A from a 124 into a 129.
The engine mounting bolts line up fine. Only thing I see different is the way the fuel tank is mounted. On the 124 it is attached to the engine and on the 129 it is attached to the back of the dash area. I plan on using the 129 tank/mounting. Anybody see any problems ahead with this job?

Frank,

How are you going to get those on your CC? And is it a good idea to put on that much weight?? Those are big ones!!
email me a picture if you don't mind.
CJM

Would like any input on hydraulic vs electric lift for the mowing deck and snowblower, I'm looking to add either one to my 105 and was looking for input as to the pros and cons. Snowblowing might be the only thing I use it for. Thanks..........JIM

Dave-Yeah,I've seen one of those before.You have to drop some acid and then look at a correct Original,as soon as the acid kicks in it'll look like that.

I got a couple shots of a nice 450
13281.jpg

this ones for "boner"
13279.jpg

Gene,

The coil will need to be moved about 4" higher on the shroud to clear the frame tub, otherwise, it's a drop in.

James,

Hyd. Lift, especially for snow throwing with those heavy throwers. If you do decide to use electric (I wouldn't) figure on getting a spring assist too, it will make the electric lift actuator last a lot longer if you reduce the load on it.

Speaking of snow, they were calling for our first look at snow this week in Central IL....not much, but they did say snow was a definite possibility...seems early, guess I better get going on that hyd. chute rotator and get the soft cab back on the 149!!!!!

Dave,

VERY nice 450....one of IH's sharpest looking tractors IMHO.

Steve,

Thanks, I only needed a little nudge in that direction. Seems as though the electric would'nt hold up to the stress and load of the blower. I was also unsure as to what buffers the electric lift at the end of motion (up/down).......JIM

Dave Ross-
Did you make it to PD? If so, I missed you..
sad.gif

What is the linkage for that's mounted to the tranny on that Original?

Art,

Look closer, foot brake, you can see the pedal on the right side.

Charlie:

I will try and post two shots of the monster weights. Believe it or not, when they are on the wheel, they only stick out 3". Not much different than other weights.

THe first shot is of the weights and the second is of the weight on a scale hanging from my cherry picker. Also checked it on a bathroom scale. Same 175+#:

I give up. I'll try and e-mail them to you.

(Message edited by fmorski on October 26, 2003)

Here's a thought for PD7, maybe Charlie and me could nudge Nick Q into hosting it if there is enough interest in coming back to this "neck of the woods".

Mark B,
I had a problem similar to yours last year with my 147. Lots of responses, they all made sense, but didn't quite solve the problem. Later, I saw another "identical" subframe that wasn't. It was still correct. Mine had been straightened by somebody, accidentally or to fit something else. There was supposed to be an more of an upward bend in the arms by the plate welded between the two arms going to the rockshaft. Maybe somebody had jacked up the tractor under the plate and straightened it out, or drove over it with a tank. I don't know. Anyway, with the arms straightened, the distance between the front and rear mounting points was now too long.
I would say that some heat in the bend area, the front end of the subframe in a vise, and a long section of pipe over the rockshaft end of the subframe arm would put the arm back to the correct angle. Be careful you don't twist the arms when you bend them. That, or drill a hole in the front attachment area of the subframe that lines up with a hole in the Cub Cadet frame, and put a bolt and locking nut through to hold it to the frame, ignoring the quick attach mounting. Worked for me.

snow pictures,cooooooooooooooolllllll!!!!!!
cant wait for the snow.
its awesome how much snow you can push with a cub!

Back