• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 19, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis,
The mag also has a side draft carb. There is a 90 degree elbow before the carb that the air cleaner sits on. It looks like the elbow would bolt to the carter carb, but I'm not sure. I also don't know if the carter from the K341 is big enough to feed the Mag 20 and if the long intake runners would be a problem for it. Anyone ever try this?

MIKE - O-K, well, since the M20 has a side draft it just got a LOT easier.

I just checked the Kohler website and if anything, I think the carb off the K341 would work, but probably be TOO BIG! The manual says there's three different carb's used on the M20, a 1" Kohler carb, which is identicle to the Kohler/Carter carbs on the K-series, but I suspect the 1" on the M20 is comparable to the #26 carb used on the K-series. Then there's a 1" Walbro with high speed mixture adjustment, and last the fixed high speed mixture 1" Walbro.

I see in the manual what you mean about the "elbow", I think the carb on the K341 would fit and work.

Most single cylinder engines have to run larger carbs than a twin or multi-cylinder engine since all the intake air has to get sucked thru the carb so quickly. A twin cylinder 20 HP engine actually draws on the carb about like two 10 HP single cylinder engines firing opposite each other. To show the effects of this, my K321 has a #30 carb, which equals 1-3/16ths inch bore, a 15/16ths inch drill bit just fit through the carb venturi, and the engine makes 14 HP @ 3600 RPM. My Super H has a 1-1/4 inch IH side draft carb, about 12% more flow area thru the carb body, not sure what the ID of the venuri is, I didn't get a chance to measure it 43 years ago when Dad & I had the carb apart. But the Super H made 33+ HP @ 1650 RPM from a carb 12% bigger than the K321 Kohler's, but made 235% of the HP because it's a 4-cylinder engine, it draws almost continuously on the carb.

Dennis Frisk
I think (know)we have a few excellent people on this site. You have passed any test back when I read every word you posted,There was always a long post from you that made me want to see what you posted.I know this site would not be the same for the few who make it the best site for Cub info on the net.Probably a 10 K carb would work great on that tractor.I would like to thank the few that make this site level so hard to measure. Thank you Dennis for all your wisdom and sharing it with us unfortunate others!

greenthumb.gif

By Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"
Its so nice to see you post pictures of a Cub 100 , because I have one . I don`t think you have one in your stable .Did you get a copy of the lift arm for the O that you needed???
We should have a (suck up) day to show our appreciation to the people WHO make this site great. well I think it would not hurt anybody.
1a_violin.gif

Don T, I agree there are some smart cookies on here and I am propably being ignorant but its the only cub site I use. Thanks to everyone that makes it possible.

Mike-

I've had several people tell me a #26 carb will work on an M18/M20 as long as you use the choke and throttle shaft from the Walbro. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, as I still haven't run out of KT-17 carbs
lol.gif

Hi guys,

Is a 1711 Hydro considered a "real" Cub. Built in 1985. Would that be IH or MTD? Would a 42" snowthrower that fits a 127 also fit a 1711? Thanks for the help. Sorry for bringing this to this forum if it is not a real Cub.

Sorry to sound dumb here but was cub cadet corp some sort of temp thing between ih and mtd?

Back