• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through October 19, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Local guy says no rain Wed. & Thurs., 30% on Friday, and sunny Sat.

We'll watch how it pans out, but if we don't get any "extra" rain, we will probably be OK.

Dave,

No sled this year.

Charlie- Working cheap, and cheap work are two different things!

We will be at PD rain, shine or snow (in Charlie's Almanac). But I don't want to go mud bogging with the newly refurbished 1872...

Hah! Got heavy-duty sleeve-hitch adapter made... the weakest link is the lower 3-point plate- I'm using the stock U-shaped IHCC piece, but only one (of the two) brackets. Don't really like that, but don't think I've got enough time to make something better. We'll see if I break it... :-}

Hmmm... no sled, eh? Wonder what we could rig up...

Steve:
I'm coming down Friday rain or shine. I've got stuff to deliver for you, Art & Gimpy. And I can't make the rain date due to business obligations.
The last time we were at your place it was just a bit muddy to start and it worked out OK.
Keith

Dave K:
No offense, Dave, but you're putting 10hp and limited 'tractive effort' to work here. Methinks you won't bend the U-bracket too severely. :eek:)
Keith

Dave-
I'll second Keith, unles you're weighted down to over 1200# and are able to plow at full throttle, then hit a rock as big as a house, you're not bending the lower 3-point bracket.

The only reason there is a second bracket out there; the channel bracket for the IH rear blade/rake combo, is so that there's more material there if you hit the end of the 41" blade in a worst case scenario.

Granted, I do have one on my 169, I know I don't need it, but it's my personal preference to put the lower pins in double shear, having clearance-fit pins in single shear just looked sloppy to me.

Keith & Wyatt-
Yeah, that's what I was thinking...10hp..hydro..tractorive efforts..single shear sheep pens.
happy.gif

Art-
Muh-ha-ha!

Isn't McMeen buying at Petro?? He has his Original for sale you know........oops, maybe that's to raise $$$ to buy the lady a ring!!

Hey SB......get the tarp from Wrigley field to cover the PD ground for us. The Cubs are NOT using it!!! HA!!

Question for the electric heads......the CCO # 522 I picked up has a 12V system with + ground. Starts and runs great. Was IH really experimenting on the CCO or is this fluke?

This isn't looking much better folks....

Friday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. Breezy, with a southeast wind between 11 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Friday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 56.

Saturday: A 30 percent chance of showers before noon. Partly cloudy, with a high near 66.

<font size="+2">IF....BIG IF</font> we moved to the rain date (30th), what would that do for attendance???? Please post thoughts/concerns, etc.

<font size="+2">No Decision has been made yet</font>

BTW, Last time we did this with rain on Friday we didn't have rain and gloomy crap to deal with the first part of the week.

Ken-
If the S/G is "normal" wouldn't that make it work like it was made for a Cub Cadet that we're familiar with.

(for those that don't follow, Cub Cadet's starter-generators are wired "backwards" since they work off the PTO end of the Kohler versus the flywheel end)

Steve-
I'd still show up on the 30th.

O.K. I have a question. I'm interested in this geezer garage and lounge, when do i get access to that if ever? If age is the matter what age will i be waiting for for access? Just wondering. MJS

Matt S. -

You got a girlfriend, you don't need to get in the Garage. When ya get married, THEN you'll need it...
roflol.gif

I agree with Art and Charlie, lets go for the 23rd. But then I won't be bringing a plow tractor just a video camera and a digital camera.
<font size="-2">I bet mud wrestling videos would sell real well, but then that would depend on who was wrestling.........</font>

Latest posts

Back