• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 19, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan-
What do YOU know about being married? Something you haven't told us?.....

Mu-ha-ha!

Bryan is the only one without one of these on his van.
22318.jpg

Apostle Ken
I don't think IH would have been any experimenting with the test units. Since it is not uncommon to find Farmall Cubs that have the grounds switched and still start, run, and charge (repolarize the gen/VR), sounds like someone may have done the same thing - easy to do using a battery that has the + - terminals reversed so the "stock" cables will still fit.

Art/Charlie -

True, there hasn't been common law marriage in IL since 1905...
wink.gif

Ken I did that once on my 147 got the battery in backwards it will start but does not have as much cranking power had a bat with the terminals reversed.OOPS
happy.gif

(Message edited by mmasheris on October 20, 2004)

Art -

Note that I don't bring the 1450 to PD anymore
wink.gif

<font size="-2">And wouldja believe that she actually argued AGAINST the current Original situation...</font>

From what I read about voltage regulators they are made for eirher + or - gronds and shouldn't be switched. The rest of the the system dosen't care whch way the battery grounds.

Steve, I'd go with next week and then hold it rain or shine for sure. I don't want to bring home half on your Illinois black dirt on my tires again like that one year! That was sticky stuff!
happy.gif

I'd be more ready to attend next week. This week, I'm working at getting 2 furnaces ready to run at home. Pretty cold this kind of weather when you have no heat! Had to clean and repair the chimney and replace the blower on the wood burning aux. furnace.

We'll go either the 23d or the 30th.

30th works for the wife (she's off), either works for me and the step son.

Ack, how would this affect vendors and etc?

The 30th is a no go for me. Got to watch over the kids in the Yut group that day. I will show this Saturday for sure. 6ish at the Skillet. If rained out I'll get breakfast for the MN crowd.
happy.gif

Steve,the rain date would work for us real well,we can't make it this weekend due to our GT pulling banquet being on the 23rd. If enough interest may bring the pulling sled then,it would be up to you.

The 23 works the best for me. Have "stuff" being brought from too far away to have the event called off now......and are bringing "stuff" to have sent back with others. The 30th would not be ideal (for me) at all....

IF anything, it could be the largest CC swap meet/mud bog/bs forum session ever.....

I will be there either day but this weekend would be better. I have vacation starting Friday so it really doesn't matter to me.

I'll be there on the 23rd weather we have it or not. Mud time!
buttrock.gif

Kent, nice pun....... whether you meant it or not.... :eek:)

Back