Archive through October 17, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
As Jim S. used to say!
A blind hog lucks on an acorn now and then!
247193.jpg

Charlie - Jim WHO? He-He! Just another Quad-City Boy trying to "make it" in the BIG city of Huntsville Alabama.

Vincent - hey that's a nice line up you posted on the previous thread.

Vincent...That is a real nice lookin collection you got,

Thanks guys, I should have left the "149" out of the pic for all the others have blue decals... I could have left it in the shed with the other real 149 and the 382.

This 149 in the pic has a K301 12hp inside, 1" front spindles, a rear from a 682, and it's getting foot controlled hydro, plus a Johnson Front End Loader wrapped around it soon.

Found a belt that looks and adjust right on my 1650 with a 44c rotary mower and speed up pulley. Don't know if it will stay on though, its raining pretty hard here in missouri. I'll start it up tommorow and find out. Mower deck belt for 42" cast end deck 1/2" X 77" PN/ IH-477599-R2. At least its a IH belt.

Hi, all. I'm looking at a 100 without headlights. I'd like to add factory headlights and eventually a tail light. Is the headlight assembly and surround a bolt-in that replaces the filler that's there now? Other than headlight assembly, wiring, and a switch, is anyting else required to install lights?

Thanks,
Gary

Gary Z.
Your email address is no good in your profile.
Fix it please along with the other pertinent information that's also lacking.
thumbsup.gif

OK - minding my own business and I came home from a stressful day at the salt mine thinking I'd get some seat time mowing a bit before it gets dark before daylight savings time begins...
1a_scratchhead.gif

I got two tractors with mowing decks mounted, so I go to my go to other color tractor and find...

247228.jpg

bash.gif

Not to worry, I went to my trusty ...

247229.jpg

and got most of my yard mowed!

groupwave.gif

But....

What if I couldn't find my only key???

247230.jpg

I've never seen a key like this for any garden tractor. Even my 1650 has a different key. Is this the key type that came with the tractor new? Are these type keys all the same or do I need to buy a blank key and have a duplicate cut?

vroom.gif

Bill, that key is a match to my 460 Farmall. I went to the Case store and told them I needed another key and he opened a drawer full of keys all the same and told me they fit all IH Farmalls. I bet you have a big tractor ignition switch.

Bill that is indeed the stock key for your 109 and all other 1x8/9 and i think the Q/l should be that way but not sure on that, go to a sponser, classifieds, your local Case, New Holland, or Cub Cadet Dealer.

My 1650 key looks like a typical riding lawn mower key. The same as a craftsman mower which I have and ether key works between the two.

Keith I believe your switch has been replaced, I believe you are refering to an indak type of generic switch found on alot of things, along with IH stuff but I believe the key for a 1650 should look like bills 109 key.

please someone confirm this,,

Bill, MANY other keys will fit. I have "gas" keys, Briggs keys, and lots more will fit.

Vince, The only problem you're going to have is the 3 pin flex disc. That's the week link for the 1600.

While on a twilight bicycle ride tonight, I stumbled upon a guy collecting leaves with a 127. I had passed the guys house before, spying the Cub in the garage, but have yet to see it running until tonight. I wasn't sure if I should stop, but I decided to anyway. Long story short, he has a very nice 127 that is in mostly original shape with some modifications- IE he re did the wiring and it doesn't look that neat but it wasn't bad.... it had a different deck on it (one that should go under a quietline, not sure of the exact number), so modification of the front mule drive was done, but otherwise it looked great IMO.

Sorry no pics.

We shot the BS for a bit, I told him about my 147 and growing up with dad's 125, etc. He told me that his neighbor has a new CC and he has challenged him to a pull off- I told the guy that his 127 would probably kick it's butt, given it has rear AGS (which really looked nice BTW) and that it's 700 LBS.

I live 1/2 a mile away from a Sears so naturally most everyone around me has Craftsman mowers. It was music to my ears when I pedaled by this guys house about 2 miles away (from my house) and hear the pop pop pop that only an old cast iron Kohler can make.

One more quick question.

I've been running this 109 since the end of June and am learning the ins and outs of it. FWIW, I find all of my tractors have different personalities - for lack of a better word, when it comes to starting, driving, etc., they are all different in some way. That's what drives my Wife and Boys crazy when they try to use my old iron and it drives me crazy too - when I find the problem is specific to a particular tractor, i.e. like an engine that is easy to flood or the opposite, harder to start.

But I digress!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never ran the 109 out of gas - to an empty/dry tank. But, I've got it down to around an inch deep of gas left in the tank and I think I can hear the tractor engine start to labor, like it maybe isn't getting enough gas. Fill it up or half full, etc., and all is good.

Question is - will these tractors run the tank dry or is some amount of gas in the tank left and the engine dies due to lack of gas? I'm wondering if there is a stem that penetrates the tank that would prevent gas and crud/debri from going to the carb by sticking up into the tank about a inch and that's what's going on in my tank?

I'm also wondering if the weight of a full tank of gas sort of acts like a fuel pump as the head on the carb is higher and as the tank empties, the fuel pressure going to the carb is reduced and with it potential performance?

My key must have been a joke to the previous owner because it has John Deere on it.
247239.jpg

Latest posts

Back