• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 17, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys; anyone know what super quiet exhaust system was used on sweepster,also torque sensing clutch looks interesting, one other thing what steering box did ol Joe use on his cadets? Thanks Jim

Jim, not sure what they had in there for an exhaust. That torque sensing clutch caught my eye too, kinda like a snowmobile clutch. Not sure what steering gear Joe had in his two Cubs. I wish I would have paid more attention when I was talking with him. I seem to recall that one of them had a Chrysler steering gear.

69011.jpg

Kraig:Thanks would'nt mind experimenting with a torque sensing unit if I get the time. Jim

Kraig McC,
I've seen that same torque converter on a number of 5-7HP go-karts & mini bikes, which leads me to believe it's a pretty good unit.
However - when considering them for a Cub - realize (it's in the fine print) that those Torque-A-Verter units are rated for a MAX of 8-HP....
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Thanks Kraig. If you have a real interest in variable drives check wikipedia.org and Continuously_variable_transmission. My last post on this so I dont get smacked. (My Cub has a vari-xmission...its a HYDRO!)

Ryan, I just posted the link for Allen.....
coffee.gif
....however keep in mind what we were discussing.... that transmission in the Sweepster Golf Cart brochure is for use on the Original Cub Cadet which only had a 7hp..... The later version that Charlie and I posted photos of wouldn't have had that transmission addition as it's a hydro.

Can somebody tell me who built the 407 379 r1 deluxe cab? And are parts still available for it?
Thanks Rick

I use the stones up front, and carlisle's out back
no complaints yet
board-post.pl

board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back