• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 15, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh O. I have those same tires on my 122.

I have them mounted as duals and they are cheng-shens. 6-12 4plys and man do they love mud. They are a little over 25 inches tall.

I got them from Tucker tire a year ago or so. I don't remember what they cost.

Randy

Josh,
Yup, I mean the tractor show Labor Day weekend. He's been going to that show for years. I just bought some O/T decals last show. You must not be looking hard enough.

Got the pto and all that jazz fixed! Drove the 106 about 20 feet and it died. Those things tend to run better with gas in them! I used locktight on the main pulley set screws and re-adjusted the pto so it will work right. It is so much quieter now. I just got my tires from Tucker tire too and they were the best priced and had a huge offering of Carlisle and Deestones, all of mine were 4-ply.

Scott!!!
I hope you used the removable (blue) locktite 242 on those screws if you have any hope of removing them in the future. If you used the red or green loctite, you'll be in a world of hurt when you try to remove them in the future. I would have just used an anti seize compound, along with the locking setscrews. If you use the cup point screw to lock in the cone point screw, it won't come loose.

Bruce, I used the blue stuff and I didnt use it on the pto set screws. I only used it on the main pulley that runs off of the s/g. I figured the pto set screws come out hard enough I didnt want to make it worse! The pto set screws are in there in the right order.
happy.gif

Scott,
My apologies!
I can understand using on the PTO basket or putting together the disk assembly. PTO on my 129 was a wreck when I got it, along with most of the rest of the tractor. There were springs missing and everything. I got a new disk, a gauge, and got some springs from a spring assortment I brought at either TSC or Harbor Freight. Saved my tail more than once.

We've been on the wet side of the rain snow line down here in North-Central Maryland, its been raining for 3 days straight and hasn't gotten out of the 40s. Got me thinking about putting on the snow blower on the 129 and the plow on the 102, but with this rain and a little bit of Indian Summer weather, there's probably at least a couple more lawn cuttings.

Don and other, thanks for info. Oh.. and I want a pair of those! They look like oversized tires when you have the fenders on the tractor. They at least look like 23x8.50's.

Tom H, Ok, ya I go there every year too, but I didnt this year beacuse money was pinching and they always seem to have the same stuff on the flea market.

Scott, ya those ptos can be very touvhy and not to mention expensive
old.gif

Josh, those tires look like Tracmasters, too. They probably come from the same mold. From what I recently read on another forum, there are only three or four molds out there, regardless of the brand name that gets slapped on them. Industrial Tire and Wheel Supply sells the Tracmaster on ebay. The have 23X10.50X12 and 24X12X12 as well.

Those tires in Don's pic look like an R-2, used on the front on FWA import compacts. Those Trackmasters on greedbay are $98 each !! I can get Denman Farmhand R-2's locally for $87 each, and I won't have to pay shipping. So...as soon as I get the extra cash. The bad tire on my 73 won't keep the tube in anymore even with help from the chains...looked like a tumor...
lol.gif

Hey Scott and Brendan.Thats right I didn't check your profiles before posting,anyhow we're all good.My youngest daughter lives in Ormocto N.B. with her army guy boyfriend stationed at Gagetown.Good news---Just made a deal with a friend up the street for another cub-a 128 with a toasted engine for 80.00.That will bring the count up to 7 cubs now.A day with out a heard of cubs is like a day without sun shine and coffee.Have a great day eh.K.W.

Latest posts

Back