• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 12, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krandall

displayname
Kurt Randall
I CANNOT believe that no one has put a caption on the photo of Bryan in the resaurant....It screams
for a title or caption....<font size="-2">I do have one if anyone is interested</font>
joker.gif

Attachments

• joker.gif
    joker.gif
    598 bytes · Views: 169
Jim Mc -

Eh, what the hell. Nobody else listens to me when I ask POLITELY that folks put their posts in much more appropriate topic here
wink.gif

Makes me wonder how many folks have even BEEN to the main page at https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum

Kurt R. -

I think the caption earlier in the week across the street was quite enough, don't you?

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 152
Bryan...I never saw the caption across the street..I wondered why no one here had one....

Kurt R. -

Remember Bill Cosby's bit? I brought you into this world, I can take you out?
lol.gif

Like a detente...

<font size="-2">and I'm sure there are PLENTY of folks that had a caption when the pic was first posted last week...</font>

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 163
I'm getting ready to replace the old 10 hp from my 109 with a 12 from (I believe) a 122. Any problems to watch for?

Bruce M,
Other than mashin/scrapin your fingers when you set it in the frame, nothing. Go for it!
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 159
Charlie: the last time I dropped a motor in one of my cubbies, I invited my brother over { didn't tell him bout the motor till he got there} Thats what family is for right?

Bruce M.
There is one thing you will need to watch for and that is where you sat down your beer, you would not want to get busted for alcohol abuse.
beerchug.gif

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 161
Charlie, Rob, and Lonny:
Thanks for the tips. I'm pretty good at scrapin', but I might try to improve my mashin' technique. Lonny's might be the most useful suggestion by the end of the project.

Well since the sun was so bright today and since I really didn't know my new snow BLOWER machine, I thought I better check under the hood.
31408.jpg

Gotta love finding a standard piston in an engine that runs like a champ with no smoke.
31409.jpg

Found some neat head bolts too.
31410.jpg

Then I figured just as well check the dowel pin, sure enough, time to replace it!
31411.jpg

I thought I had a couple new spares, but couldn't find the damn things!
Called 6 places trying to find one TODAY!
No luck, Good thing Nick Q. is close, HE HAS EVERYTHING!
Thanks Nick
beerchug.gif

Attachments

• 31409.jpg
    31409.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 168
  • beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 31411.jpg
    31411.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 31410.jpg
    31410.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 31408.jpg
    31408.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 176
  • 31409.jpg
    31409.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 31410.jpg
    31410.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 31411.jpg
    31411.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 31408.jpg
    31408.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 165
Bryan:

When I posted the captioned pic of you across the street it was in jest, with no harm intended. Perhaps I should have thought about it a little longer before I posted it. If I have offended you or anyone over here, I need to apologise. I will try to be more sensitive in the future.

Geez Digger, you have all the luck!

Was the top of the piston, and the valves like that when you pulled the head, or did you clean them before taking the pic?

Charlie
How comes that new pin looks likes a rolled C pin?
Looks to be a small indent along the top of that pin you have pictured there.

Wild Bill,
It really wasn't that bad since the the head dint look like it had ever been off, It had the old style head gasket on it, so it had to be OLD!
That's after I wiped it down with thinner, little to no carbon buildup.

Lonny,
That pin has a slight taper to it and also has a kurling grove in 3 places, It WILL NOT come out.

Lonny,
Here's what it looks like close up.
31413.jpg

31414.jpg

Attachments

• 31414.jpg
    31414.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 31413.jpg
    31413.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 31414.jpg
    31414.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 31413.jpg
    31413.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 177
Just a few comments on the recent drought here in eastern Pa. and weather extremes. January thru the end of April was unusually wet. Since early May up to this past weekend we experienced moderate drought conditions. Rainfall was about half of the norm for that period. We received less than 1 inch of rain going back to September 1. Also, September was probably the hottest September on record. However the drought officially ended last Saturday. 10.25 inches of rain fell during a 24 hour period from mid afternoon on Friday to mid afternoon on Saturday. This set an all time record for rainfall in a 24 hour period at the weather station in Allentown, Pa. Since then another 3.5 inches of rain has fallen and we have not seen the sun for a week. So much for a good thing.

Dave B,
Maybe that means you won't have 5 ft. snow drifts this winter!
deadat30.gif

Attachments

• deadat30.gif
    deadat30.gif
    402 bytes · Views: 155
Charlie,
Now that I see the pin from the end I have to agree that, that type of pin will have a difacult time slipping out on its own.

Does anyone know if a creeper from a 104 will fit/work in a 1200? Have been looking for one for some time now and can only find narrow frame creepers. Not sure how difficult it would be to get a wide frame lever.
Thanks to all for the answers to me previous questions!

Back