• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 11, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday afternoon, I decided to fall plow next year's garden space. This year we didn't have time for a garden. Next year one of the neighbor's and her children are going to help. The ground turned over nice though.

214710.jpg

The ground was hard and made the 782D work.
214711.jpg

Six inches was easily obtainable.

214712.jpg

While I was plowing a neighbor stopped by and asked if I'd plow their garden. I said, "Sure thing." Long story short.... After I finished we got to talking and on Friday I will unveil with pictures a horrible thing that I've done. Some may say that I've taken a step towards the Dark Side with this endeavor. Fancy on the other hand can't wait to check things over... even though he did snicker at me when I gave him a sneak peek.
214713.gif

My cell phone took a lousy icture of the 782D though.

214714.jpg

Nice plowing Marlin!!!

If I plowed my property the sand would just fall back into the furrow!!

Well I have a question I just stipped a 149 and it had Hydraulic lift will the entire assembly fit my 1250? I have been looking and trying to compare part numbers but just not sure? Need a little help.

Has anyone ever converted a Kohler M18 to use propane? Is it a difficult job requiring special parts? How about mounting the tank?

Norm

I got my Original mower deck disassembled to restore it and replace bad bearings. Once I got the pulleys cleaned up I found one crack at the corners of each pulley. No lost material, just cracks. Please help with some ideas of what I should do. Should I just run them as is, or is there a way to weld these cracks up and machine them. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks.

The cracks I'm talking about in my last post are in the corners of both keyways. They are about a 1/4" long and in the direction of the outer rim.

Richard-
Sharp looking engine. Does that Kirk-Trigger-Thingie get a cover on it, or does it just stay open like that? Either way it's got a neat "techie" look to it.

For what it's worth I used copper-pipe to "air up" my garage. It's not cheap, but it seems to be the best. I have zero issues with moisture or any other issues and just have a simple moisture trap at first air-drop after the compressor.

Marlin-
Nice plowing..

Lewis-
thumbsup.gif

Hello, folks. been a long time since i posted here, at least a year i think. Bought a house, family members passing, been a rough year. finally getting aroung to stripping and painting the 73 and want to make sure i have the correct color schedule for it. does anyone(kraig) have pics of a correctly painted 73?

Art, the PointSlayer gets a regular points cover. I left it off so I can adjust the timing.

RICHARD - Actually, I prefer to use my GD NF Cubbies over my hydro. Been spending a L-o-t of time on the old 70 doing some grading lately. It's amazing how much dirt you can move with a CC and a good belly blade. (Sorry KRAIG, been too busy having fun to snap a couple pic's) I really can't imagine a Hydro working as well in that application, the faster reverse might be nice but the slow constant speed of the GD while grading really is nice. I've got a bit over 100# of weight on the rear, set of wheel weights and some extra ballast on the drawbar, plus chains.... have to have chains! Once I get below the dry hard crust I can peel an inch or more of packed dirt with every pass. And when I want to I can stand on the blade and really DIG, till I run out of traction.

STEVE B. - I saw your plans for the hoist. THANKS. Ohhh And I like to post O/T comments here so we can see Charlie's replys.

MARLIN - Garden looks good!
greenthumb.gif

NORM B. - To run an engine on LP requires a regulator which feeds the "Mixer" which is the carb, and the plumbing for the tank, etc. Since LP has a higher octane but less heat energy than gasoline the compression ratio (lower volume combustion chamber in the cyl heads) can be raised a bit, and fuel use in gal/hr will be slightly higher so a bigger tank should be used if possible. LP is a very good engine fuel, very easy on parts. I suspect there's info in the Kohler manual about LP-fueled M18's. I suspect there's ways to mount a 20# LP cylinder where it wouldn't be in the way too much.

Cub 122- If I have an original seat and fiberglass pan, does anyone have any leads as to where I could purchase replacement white seat vinyl? Is it pre-shaped in some way? I've seen U tube videos on seat recovering and it looks like a mess. Dave

Dennis F

Today I need to see why my 129 loader does not charge. I will have to trace the wires and see what I have done wrong. I have to get some parts ready to move to the new Cub storage shed and give my shop a much needed clean up.I just started my 147 and
bash.gif
, its not cahrging also. I can`t win here. I also want to move about 10 yds of drive way gravel that was not needed after paving. I have lots to do . Have a great day
beerchug.gif

David P., take the seat and edging to an upholstery shop and have them do it. Note that the blue edging is NLA so hopefully you still have that. Here's one I had redone:

214740.jpg

Brad C., here's a few 73 photos for you.

214741.jpg

214742.jpg

NOTE the seat on the one in the photo above is not correct.

214743.jpg

214744.jpg

Michael G., any chance you could post a photo of the pulleys that show the cracks? That might help out some of the welders on here better see what you are dealing with.

KRAIG - Nice pic's of CC 73's. The one of the tractor sitting in the driveway has a CI ended deck, and I think the later stamped 38" deck would be more correct.
And that really nice looking #73 plowing is actually more correctly a 126 or maybe a 146? .... the K161 has been replaced with a Big Block Kohler, at least a K301.

About the only difference I ever saw between a 72 & 73 was the top outer panel of the dash/steering column being painted white on the 73. Wyatt had his 72, 73, & 169 stored in my shop for a while. With a little more HP transplanted into them they were a really great little tractor.

Denny, good eye. That 73 with the larger Kohler belongs (or belonged) to Lance Benton. BTW, the photos of Lance on his 73 were taken at Nick Queensland's parent's farm in 2004 for the Weekend Freedom Machine Spring Tillage day. Photos taken by Ryan Mull, or more likely taken by his wife Amanda as Ryan would have been busy plowing.
Shift.gif

Assembled some parts last night on the 149, It is now a roller!!!
buttrock.gif
Converted the rear to stud with lug nuts, mounted all of the tires, and threw the steering box on...

Next, I need to lay in the new wiring and battery cables from front to rear...

214756.jpg

214757.jpg

Scott T.
Looks great, but if I were you. I'd remove that paint from the hydro pump.
No sense in asking for trouble down the road ya know.
thumbsup.gif

Charlie, that paint isn't very thick, almost overspray. I will clean the fins off before i button it up

Scott
This would be a great time to add a ground cable from the battery negative to the S/G ground point. I did that when I redid my 149 and think it's well worth it.

Back