• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 30, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys. Having trouble getting my 1650 to spark. I changed the coil, the condenser, the points, jumpered all the wires, check for 12V at the coil, all grounds are good. I think I covered everything. What else??? Does the regulator and/or stator have anything to do with this? Thanks for the help!

Brian J.
The Regulator Rectifier has to do with a lot.
Before you buy a new one, clean the terminals on it and use dielectric grease and see if that helps.

Brian, can we take it that the engine cranks? Try putting a meter/test light on the side of the coil that goes to the points, does the meter go +12v to nothing when it cranks? If yes, I dunno whats up. If no change, is wire, points to coil good? Are points opening/closing? I have heard that even new points can have crud on them and not work...clean 'em off. Good luck.

I've got this issue with the #1 tiller on the 1650. You can see from the pic the pulleys aren't aligning well. All of the holes and studs are within reason as far as wear goes which is very little. All attachment points match too from side to side. Is this a common ailment of this set-up? I can't put my finger on an easy fix here. The other pic shows how I can't adjust the height because the fender pan is in the way...even when lowered. I feel like I'm doing something wrong here. I cleaned and painted only a few pieces recently and plan to finish when the implement is working fine.

233209.jpg

233210.jpg

I know it's the snow removal season but I need to have this working soon.

Any input will be appreciated.

I have a 1450 and the electric PTO won't shut off. I have 12vdc on the wire with the switch on, and 0vdc with it off. I removed the clutch including the field coil and measured the resistance of the coil, it's 2.4ohms. is this correct? An if it is, what other items could cause the PTO not to shut off?

Wayne-

Do you have the lower 3-point bracket installed, in addition to the tiller gearbox plate?

Anyone tried to remove a camshaft from a K321 engine? I tried driving the shaft out per the manual but it won't budge and I'm afraid I might break something if I hit it any harder.

Hello to all:
I have a question about T/O bearings, a few years ago I bought one from my IH dealer part # 703-600 for a 582. It came with a bushing, bearing and grease fitting. I recently purchased another same number but it was the OS bearing only, what is the correct number for the 582 bearing and bushing. Thanks

NORM - The shaft the camshaft rides on taps out easily from the front side the crankshaft & PTO clutch are mounted on towards the back of the flywheel side when the blower housing cover is removed. If the engine has been together a long time or the shaft was really hammered in there it may take more force to remove.

I have a little maybe 12 oz ball peen hammer & drift punch I tap mine out with and a couple taps always does the trick.

Back