Archive through November 30, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig:
I figure that stuff at about 62 lb.s per cubic foot - next thing to water. I think it's doing good to just get it in the air. We get a lot of it early in the winter (we don't even have frost in the ground). I've used Slip Plate, although with a gravel drive, it tends to need redoing every couple of years (the same time I take a hammer and dolly to the edge of the auger). I traded up from a Narrow Frame QA36 (z'd mounting for a wide frame), which actally lofted the really wet stuff better.

Joe and GL,
It's nice to see someone from close to home. I'm in Mechanicsville, restoring 2 CCO's.

Note the wrinkled edges on the auger....Gravel drive (won't get paved till the county paves the road)

46296.jpg

Ray - It's a tractor. How long are you going to let your wife see you working on that thing? At least with snow on the ground, there's an obvious purpose.
biggrin.gif

Sounds like the weather in Virginiaaa is same as here in NC. 73 today. Joe/GL/Mike, think we should put the blades/blowers on??
err.gif

Dennis F.,
Ok, I'll bite,,,,

So I've got to ask:
Why wouldn't your son manually clear the snow off the driveway -- If he has a truck, I assume he is physically able to run a broom or shovel?

I assume he is at least 16 years old and still lives in your house, it's his truck that's torn apart in your garage and blocking in your Cub-powered snow removal equipement,,,, so what's his deal?

At the very least, it seems he should be out there shoveling/brooming with you.....
Ryan W
dunno.gif

Kendall,

Still being a new Cubbie I always appreciate a new idea or tip. What a great way to coil and store an extension cord. I know my 1650 is versatile, but I never even considered this.
bouncy.gif

Greetings!

A question about slip plate. Is it better to put slip paint over fresh regular paint or just sand the auger and snow shoot and paint it with slip plate.

Here I sit in northern WI, in the supposed snow belt, just down wind from Lake Superior and we have bare ground. This just isn't right considering all the snow down south.

Dennis:
I don't feel quite so bad now! At least I can't see my equipment sitting idle while the fun is falling from the sky.
This Ice will be hard to deal with come morning and I have to tackle my parking lot jobs.
Drive way was the 782's job and heavy snow was the 129 with thrower. Shovel will have to do for now. They keep guessing less and less by the hour here...you guys NW of St. Louis are going to get all the fun.... Snow equals MONEY!

GL/Mike glad I'm not the only one
lol.gif

Gentlemen I think I have a problem, just put the rebuilt K161 back on my CCO runs great idles fine but I noticed tonight (after dark) when I run it up to full throttle I have 1/4 inch blue flames coming out of the exhaust and the outside part of the muffler is turning cherry red (large round muffler) this dosen't look right any thoughts?
Thanks for the help in advance
Joe

Reading through all the posts after a fairly arduous day at work I was taken with the thought of all the different people from all over the country - even the world - who can communicate with each other on this internet. Guys from Virginia, Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin - even Australia - dropping notes on the weather and multi-colored cub cadets. When you compare this system to what we had ten years ago (ahhh, nothing) it is truly amazing.

If I ever run into Al Gore, I'm gonna shake that guy's hand.

With all this hype (and hype in the past) I just have trouble with getting all excited anymore.

Just to be safe, I even put the magnetic heater in the trans housing this morning to make the starting that much easier....

If we get hammered cool, I am actually ready for once.
happy.gif

46298.jpg

Craig E - I've often thought one could better track a weather system on this forum than the weather channel. Come on snow!

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Gentlemen I think I have a problem, just put the rebuilt K161 back on my CCO runs great idles fine but I noticed tonight (after dark) when I run it up to full throttle I have 1/4 inch blue flames coming out of the exhaust and the outside part of the muffler is turning cherry red (large round muffler) this dosen't look right any thoughts?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

It sounds normal to me.

Joe,
With my limited knowledge it sounds like it is running lean. What size (MM) carb. do you have on it? I have re-built a lot of these carb.'s and have seen them from that size engine from 13mm to 22 mm.The 13mm was just about too small for my big fingers. Could also be your timing. Could be an air leak around throttle in carb. Any air leak in you intake/carb system
These are a few things to look for.
G.L.

RYAN - Actually, Son's 24, He could shovel & sweep but Wife drives an AWD Mountaineer and I have an F-250 4WD, and the concrete driveway is just over 100 ft from the garage door to the road.....and about 20-22 ft wide UPHILL to the road, then there's always the pile from the snowplow at the end of the drive. We normally back onto the pad next to the driveway that's about 50 ft x 70 ft (all concrete, Last owners of Our house owned a concrete flatwork company!) to pull out of the driveway. I've made it to the road through a foot of snow before with my truck. It takes a LONG time to clear all that even with a farm tractor & loader.
The work on His truck has taken a bit longer than We expected. No surprises really, Just the fact that thirteen year old suspensions don't FALL apart without a LOT of help, and a good selection of 3/4" drive sockets and LARGE combination wrenches. It'll look & perform like new when We're done....everything old (Spindles & axle I-beams) will be sand blasted & painted and everything else will be new.
Then We get to play with a couple Cubbies..... I have some new ENGINE parts due tonight....For a KOHLER....

Looking at a cab for a cc that is for a quiet line will the cab fit on a 147

I shiver just thinking about cold steel and iron but I envy you guys getting to use your Cubs year around. Thankfully the neighbors can't see me just putting around the 2 acres (3/4 throttle) to get some seat time....LOL. Did I mention the A/C ran most of the day.... a humid 82 here today with scattered showers.

Latest posts

Back