Archive through November 29, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbliler

displayname
Jerry Bliler
Hey Charlie--- if we come and visit the new cub store will we get trampled by the croud????Sure was a shame what greed caused!

Anyone know why some hydros are noisier than others? New hy-trans and filter in each.
Thanks for any information,
David

Steven, I have had to saw off a pipe so that only the striaght part was left. About an inch of pipe will do. Then use a bit of greese on your finger and smear on the bottem INSIDE of the pipe. the greese catches the cuttings...Then use just a hacksaw blade to split the pipe. Be careful NOT to cut into the block threads. This will not quite cut through the threads but a punch willl curl in one side of the pipe as the remaining metal cracks. If you did not saw too deep the threads in the block are unhurt. the saw kurf lets the pipe shrink and turn loose of the block.
A thread cutter can be made buy cutting a NEW short piece of pipe through the threads a couple of times. the sclices in the threads give a "bite" to the pipes threads and will do for a cheap thread cutter. I promice it works
buttrock.gif

Hi all. I'm having charging issues with my OG. I've had the s/g rebuilt and ran a good ground from the battery to the s/g. The problem is, I'm slowly loosing voltage, about 1 volt per hour of run time. Any thoughts on whats wrong? thanks in advance for the advice.

Well guys we used a coat hanger to put the g back in place and its still not working correctly , so i will take the 14K apart again and put it back together the right way this time. Thanks Frank C for the picture on the G. The 14K runs wild and can`t be adjusted. so i will take it apart again and replace the G with a new one next week. Thanks so much to all who helped!! Later Don T

ANDREW COFFEY - no one answered Your gas tank question.... I had a 72 (same as Your 73) with a K241 Kohler, I modified My K161/181 gas tank mount and used the stock 5 quart gas tank for MANY years, but a 5 quart tank on a 10 HP engine means many gas stops while working. You should be able to fit the stock 8 quart gas tank from a K241 (10 hp) K301 (12 hp) or K321 (14 hp)engine onto Your K241 and still have the hood close properly.
I put a K321 (14 hp) engine in My 72 about 1-1/2 yrs ago and used the new replacement 8 quart plastic gas tank and IT WILL NOT FIT Without Modifications. A good clean used tank from a sponsor above is Your best bet. Son & I did make a "custom fuel cell" for the K321 & 72 tractor, held about 3 gallons of fuel, braided stainless steel fuel lines, tank was "sumped" so every drop of fuel drained but We suffered a fatigue crack & fracture on one of the mounts and We're going to start from scratch on a whole new tank this time. Same plan, same parts, same size, just a different fabrication method and design. I LOVE rebuilding things at least twice!

Oh nuts! Snow storm on the way and I haven't even got the plow on yet. I need another tractor that should fix every thing.
roflol.gif

Brian:
I'm putting the '42A on this morning....getting ready for the same storm.

Hey guys,a friend would like me to repair his cc 127.He says the clutch is burnt and needs repair.I don't recall seeing a 127-is it like a 1000 or 1200?Thanks for you time.K.W.

KEITH - A 127 should be a 12 hp narrow frame Hydro. So the only clutch would be the mechanical PTO clutch. And the PTO clutch would be on the front of the engine, the "Infamous six-setscrew" variety. So in answer to Your question about the 127 being like a 1000/1200....yes, but not really.

Dennis, do you teach snow moving with the farmall so you can sit inside with that coffee???? It would be fun the first few times!

Will someone give me the length of a new clutch spring, not compresed? Thanks.
A guy gave me something today i hadn't seen in a lot of years. Stamped International harvester.
97545.jpg

A little slow today, guess everyone else has been busy, too. Don T. -- you could surprise me with one of these for Christmas next time you order from CC Specialties:
97548.jpg

While you're at it, get one for yourself, too.
lol.gif

Luther H., are you running a big stereo (amp) with that positive cable? That is what I usually see under the hood of the kids cars at work.
lol.gif

Nice score on the IH oilers!

Evening Gents,
I finally got the plow finished but I have some questions. I'm hoping the vast amount of experience on this forum will help me perfect the operation of the plow to get the results expected. Please keep in mind; this is my first cub cadet and my first attempt to build a plow for a small tractor. I don't have a Brinley type hitch for the tractor. Perhaps this is what I need for this type of plow. As you can see from the photo's I came straight off of the main tool bar with the 1 1/2 angle back to the mounting plate at the tractor. One problem I'm having is I cannot get enough verticle lift for the plow to have adequate ground clearance when raised. What is the standard verticle lift on the cub cadet hitch? Is there any adjustment? The second problem is I need to increase the forward pitch on the sweep footpiece so that the plow holds the ground better. This will only add to the problem of ground clearance with the plow raised. Another question I have is, should I allow for free travel on the lifting lever? Please give me your opinions.
97554.jpg

97555.jpg

97556.jpg

Thanks mat i missed it.
Todd that is where it came from. Temporary frame ground till i change all the caables.

Latest posts

Back