• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 27, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see some new members on here lately. Guess there must still be some Cubs out there that haven't been bought up or junked out. If we could just get some more cubbers out here in the Southwest we could have a winter plow day, and I don't mean snow plow....
thumbsup_old.gif

Speaking of ag-type tires.... A couple of weekends ago, I was doing a favor for guy by aerating his lawn and (future) horse pasture. I was running the 1659 that's still set up for plow day with the Titan AT489 ATV-type ag tires and 100+ lbs of CI weight on each wheel. Anyway, I was pulling the aerator @ 500+ lbs fully loaded straight up the ditch. The front end was a bit light so I thought to myself, "This is the last pass up this ditch." By the way the ditch was probably 12' high, + or -. Just that fast, the tires hit a (gopher?) mound of dirt. Slipped. Then gripped. Then stood that tractor STRAIGHT up in the air in a flash. Being tall, I stepped off it and shoved the hood back toward the grade. And there it sat with the 16hp not willing to stall and the RH rear wheel lurching in this pile of dirt. I about sh*t myself on this one. The moral of the story is: with high traction tires, these tractors will take you places that they just don't belong. In this case, I would have been much safer had it spun out a few rounds before. Please be careful.

Hee hee... need a face-picture for that scenario, Keith... we need to fit 'ya up with a pucker-trigger'd 'Hood-Cam'! :-}

(I'll let someone else design the pucker-trigger...

Keith, you got me to thinkin' of adding wheelie bars!
-John

(Message edited by jsimpson on November 29, 2004)

While cleaning my starter bendix for my 682 I have lost the spring that retracts the gear. Does anyone know where I could find another spring for this starter. I am very new at this forum stuff so I apologize if I posted in wrong section.

Bill J,
It's amazing what a Google search turns up for Kohler dealers in the indy area,
REYNOLDS FARM EQUIPMENT INC
126TH STREET @ IN 37
FISHERS, IN 46038
PHONE: 317-849-0810
EXPERT DEALER
SALES MGR: GARY REYNOLDS
SERVICE MGR: ALAN CLAY

THE MOWER SHOP
11110 ALLISONVILLE RD
FISHERS, IN 46038
PHONE: 317-849-9500
EXPERT DEALER
SALES MGR: PAUL MCNARNEY
SERVICE MGR: ED RILEY

ZIONSVILLE LAWN EQUIPMENT
4901 W 106TH STREET
ZIONSVILLE, IN 46077
PHONE: 317-873-4766
DEALER

GULLING SMALL ENGINE
1593 N. HARDING ST
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46202
PHONE: 317-635-5591
SERVICE DISTRIBUTOR

D & D MOWER & ENGINE INC
3814 S MADISON AVENUE
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46227
PHONE: 317-781-0812
DEALER

Dangit Charlie, yer hazing without me again!
roflol.gif

I see on the Indy Koher dealers list you have some that are "expert dealers" and others just plain old "dealers" What the heck?
roflol.gif

John

Hey all, I sorta disappeared for a day.

Glad I held out on buying a new ignition coil, I got the origional from two owners back. He even gave me a new coil for free, even though its not the right part.

I can get some idea of whats goin where based on the circut diagram that "Digger" provided and an archived diagram for an Origional. I can already tell the Origional is a little different, so I ask, Oh keeper of the pictures, to hand down to my lowly hands another circut diagram for the 102.

And before you start yelling, I am ordering the manual but I don't have it quite yet.

Well, a new CUBBIE may be coming onto the place. Dad mentioned last time We talked about selling the Model 70 He bought brand new in 1963 and that I mowed THOUSANDS of hours with. I told Him "You better not sell it! I want it!" At first He said He didn't want My 129 even-up in trade but Thanksgiving night He said We could swap. This tractor has NEVER been repainted....and also has only sat outside over night a few days in it's 41 yr old life....Yes, it's a gear drive narrow frame, And it doesn't have that great looking ZIG-ZAG Grill styling My 72 has....But I think I can give it a good home! Maybe a dedicated plow tractor.....

DAVE K II, Charlie - Mowing on sidehills is the same as plowing..... Just use a little "Body English" I've had My 72 & 129 on slopes so steep You could hardly walk up them. Both tractors run along so far then finally slide downhill gradually as the slope gets steeper. The only tractor I own with tires good to use on side slopes is the 982.... and I sure ain't going to use it on anything steep!

Dave K:
The "pucker triggered Hood Cam" gave me a visual that just won't go away. Thanks for the smile - I needed that; its been a weird day....
Keith

What did the pan seat cubs have as a cushion from the factory? Was it a thin liner like what is found on the M-TAs and such, or just a pull over cover. Thanks Tyler

Thanks a bunch, just wanted to make sure I had my restored mowers right, I keep forgetting to ask Tyler

Tyler,
They did make some cool yeller seat pads that really set a Cub off.
23532.jpg

(Message edited by cproctor on November 29, 2004)

Nice seat-pad, Charlie... could'a stood for it to be some color other than Avocado, though... and perhaps attire more like Ginger from Gilligan's Island... it's just not 'flattering' when pitted up against the sensual, but direct lines of the 100. Let's face it, them little gear-driven buggers not only had great curves and a firm feel, they imparted an immediate gratification the moment you climbed on!!!

BTW- young guy, black suit, fifth from the right, standing directly over the guy workin' on the floor... is that Harold Schramm?

Actually, now that I think about it, Harold's probably the guy in the pinstriped shirt!!!

(Message edited by dkamp on November 29, 2004)

Latest posts

Back