• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 25, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My original does not have the two handles, only one, but it still looks as good. Sorry bout the photo mishap, Myron.
dunno.gif

Thomas,
Check your voltage regulator, and make sure it's adjusted properly. Make adjustments to the air gap between the points in the regulator at the proper settings, clean the terminals on it, and that should help.

Marty G, I have to agree with Matt because It looks as good as my 100.

Anyone else having problems getting into the selling and wanting section? I can click on the classifieds thread on the main page but it doesnt come up as the right page. The main heading(like the top of this page with the ads and that stuff)

Josh Ott, Nope.

Tim Daugherty Sorry if i copied somethin or other, i didnt know.

How do you copy a picture from someone else's web site, look it up again to post it, as yours, and then say "I didn't know"?

Thanks again for all the answered questions, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey Guys, need some help,

I'm removing the "guts" out of the tower on my 149. The hydraulic lever shaft is connected to the valve body by two metal strap-like connectors and I can't figure how these are to be removed. It looks like some sort of clip but how that clip comes off is beyond me. I'm sure it's simple, like me, but even with the flashlight I can't see any obvious means to remove it. What's the secret here? I'm sure I will have several more questions during this partial restore but this clip thing is a show stopper for now.

Any help will be appreciated

Wayne

Wayne-

The best I can describe it is it's like a master link on a roller chain. You have to slide the little clip off, and then one side will come off and you can remove the link.

Hello
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
I recently acquired a pair of wheel weights.
Can someone indentify these weights? They weigh about 50 lbs. each. Are they original to cubcadet? Number stamped on back side is 1724712.
thanks, Bob
181678.jpg

Robert "C",
Weights are not original, but work just as good if not better. IH weight were only 26#.

Thanks Matt,

I finally got close enough to see the little split in the clip for removal. You're right, it is like a master link on a chain. It seems that nothing about these machines is difficult if you understand and know something about them.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday,

Wayne

First time poster. Myron,I have an Original with the two handles and have wondered why most photos are with only one handle. I haven't figured out the reformatting of the photos to post. I did get one on my profile. My tractor was purchased in Oxnard, CA and I have a mower deck, blade, and a four shovel cultivator that all came with the tractor. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Thats the third original I've seen with two handles was there a kit or something offered?

R Palmer, i think he may have googled cub cadet original and found the pic in the image serch, my 71 shows up in the serches to!

Matt & Bob, I also have a set of those weights. They came on a parts Cub, but the PO said they were from Bolens. Jerry

OK everyone, I finally pushed away from the table to check this site.
Jeff B.,
Richard P.,and
Josh:
Thanks for the comments!
Mike F.,
This is the only size I can use. All I have is the VSO image resizer, however I can send some nice photos through email.
Tim D.,
Thanks for the comments. The 70 is in too good of shape (especially mechanically) to modify. I'm going to restore it like the 128. Anxious to see the real pics of your original!

Matt S.
My wife just convinced me to eat another deviled egg. I'll probably pay for that later.
Thanks again for all the info. Thanks for the comments on my cubs too.
The model 70 did run a few years ago according to the previous owner. It has been sitting with gas in it, so... you know what kind of mess the carb was in! I have cleaned the filter and carb up and will put a kit in them. As for the rest of the 70, I took it all apart and headed for the car wash. You would not believe the mechanical condition of it! The original throwout bearing is in it, the clutch disc holes are not wobbled out, etc. Other than a little surface rust and a whole lot of nasty, it is in excellent condition!
As for the photos(128),I will be glad to help out in any way I can. Just tell me what you need and I will do my best. I can send nice large photos by email.
Thanks again

Calvin Beeker... The dual lift handles were apparently manufactured by a 3d party manufacturer/supplier somewhere in the midwest and dealer installed. My Cub Cadet was initially purchased new in Iowa and came to Texas via a PO job move. I once heard from another person in the midwest with a dual handle Original and lost his email address in a computrer crash a couple of years ago. Jim Steele (in TN, not too far from the IH mid west region) has/had a second handle assembly but not installed on a tractor the last we communicated on the subject..

Calvin B: Please post a photo of your dual handle Original.

Others: For historical purposes, I would appreciate any information on the location of any others known to exist and how to contact the owners if possible. Charlie & I will keep tabs on them.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Now that I'm done eating turkey and out of the woods for a few days, Happy Thanksgiving!!

hey guys. i need to pick you guys brains again. the clutch belt on my '63 Orig. is starting to get loose, how do i tighten it?

you can tell me in email at [email protected] as i dont get a chance to come on here more than 2-3 times a week. thanks

Latest posts

Back