• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 25, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myron Bounds, So why two lift arms? How do they work?

Matt Stetar, I don't get what he did not know. He knows it's not a picture his Cub.
bottom.gif
He knows his does not have two implement lift arms.
bottom.gif
But we all know he bought a pristine Original Cub Cadet for 200 bucks! I know it's Thanksgiving but that's a lot of turkey to swallow. - Peace -

Justin:
I only send email twice a week, Mondays and Saturdays..You need to check more often when you ask for help..
Here's how to tighten the belt:
181692.jpg

and just to show my ignorance, why 2 lift handles? One for front and one for rear? One for rear and one for deck? OK, I ran out of guesses.
1a_scratchhead.gif

BTW, Calvin, that's a nice looking machine with the ags on back and tri ribs on front.
thumbsup_old.gif

Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine) Morning Frank, I would say the outside handle is for the rear lift by itself and I think that would be handy . later Don T

Hi Guys...The normal standard (inner) handle lifts/lowers the deck the deck just like the single handle versions. The second (outer) handle operates either the rear 3-point lift or a front blade or other implement (actually it'll operate both front and rear at the same time if you have a real strong arm).

Because of the PITA procedure of removing the deck and reinstalling it on an Original just to use another implement, the idea of the second handle was to allow the operator to use another implement without having to do the "deck wrestle". And, of course, vice-versa, you didn't have to remove that front or rear mounted implement to mow the grass....

It's actually very practical in actual operation....

Though I've never seen or heard of one, I imagine that this option could also have been used on the early NFs before the Quick Attach system came on line. The dual handle option wasn't really needed after IH introduced the QA implement mounting system.

Myron B

Calvin B: I just noticed that the outer handle does not have a "rubber' handle grip like the inner one. Mine was exactly the same when I got it from the son of the original purchaser/owner.

I believe that was the way they came.... although, at the time, you could get a grip from a Cub Cadet Dealer... I have since, after much searching, put a grip on the outer one also.

Myron B

Awright you guys!!

It's time to stop beating up on Timmy D!! He is a very nice guy, an avid Cub Cadet Collector, and supporter of this forum. He also is long time acquaintance and friend (we meet annually at RPRU's!). That he had a photo of my Cub Cadet on file is not a surprise and I certainly had no objection to my friend using that photo to illustrate the clean Original he just bought. Anyone who has been on this forum for any length of time knows that photo is of my Cub Cadet and is found on the www/CCSupplyroom.com site.

If you are gonna throw stones, I'd move out of that glass house if I wuz you...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Latest posts

Back