• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 20, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike-
I think there is a 1A and 2A/2B vesion where the brackets are differnt.

(Message edited by wcompton on November 20, 2003)

Ray - Yeah I might as well use it. Actually I'll probably try the snow thrower first. I want to use the blade to push some top soil around.

I'm thinking about putting a pair of these on my 12x7 rims. The big boys use these. Kenda Power Grip K395. Should help a bit in the snow I would think. I can get a good deal where I work.

13999.jpg

23x8.50-12 4ply 22.4 tall 8.5 wide 1470 max load 35 max psi 12x7 rim

Mark-
FWIW, 6-12 Titan Tru-Powers do very nicely in snow, they get traction like the wider ones do in the field and are narrow so there's lots of ground pressure (traction!).

They look sorta goofy on a wideframe tractor like my 169, but good looks don't clear snow.

Here's a pic

sorry, cheapo camera came with free "beer gogles"

14001.jpg

Charlie,
I'm hearing that "Ol Uncle Lar" is comming back!

Wyatt,
That's a "Orchard" version of the 169

Tom H. -

I'm guessing that his sidekick, Little Tommy won't be so little anymore, eh?

That was Tommy Edwards wasn't it?? Haven't heard a thing from him in a dogs age.

Off topic...but

Has anyone ever noticed (my wife did, she's a keeper) that the refridgerator in the show FRIENDS is made by International Harvestor??

Some of my "green tractor friends" had a mow day here in Roanoke last summer. A little different sort of party, but none the less they had a good time (drank beer) and got about 20 acres of pasture mowed. After the brew and the mowing they thought it would be neat to have tractor vs. tractor tug-o-wars. Didn't stick around to see how that went.

Has anoyone ever though of show-n-shine competitions at these events, or even best of show awards for assorted oddities like deepest furrow, ugly duckling, etc.

Andy,
Notice the IH "Fridge" quite a while ago. Just who would be looking for the IH logo when there is three good looking babes jiggleing around. I guess it's a IH FAN. <font size="-2">(Kinda' sad, isin't it.)</font>

Ryan-That's it!!! What I was doing was trying to make a straight 3/4" diameter rod work with a turnbuckle but can't without tweaking it severely,just for something different and better. I looked at work today and I HAD THE PROPER ROD LAYING OUTSIDE!!! Got home,put it on and there it is,just like your snow pic. Now,the part that sucks,returning 100.00 worth of parts I don't need.
Pat-It was sort of a senior moment in a couple of ways. The way I told you was WRONG! The way Ryan has it is correct. The bracket that goes under the floorboard is for the 2 stage blower ONLY,however you CAN make it work on the blade with some bending. Hope you're loving that 782 CCC the way it should be loved!
wink.gif

THANKS TO ALL AGAIN!!!!

You guys are correct,the SGT's do have the larger diameter steering wheel,even with power steering it is still there. The reason; because of the stretched frame it is easier to reach the wheel this way. The smaller diameter wheel just would be uncomfortable,as the frame is longer in the tunnel cover area,therefor the seat is farther from the dash. I tried one of those lg. dia. wheels on a tractor with a loader on and it really helped with steering effort,it was a quietline. I was impressed! Gee,I finally posted once again,I guess Hydro Harry was an inspiration.

I would love to have a PD at my place in eastern WI about an hour nort of Milwaukee hey,but since I rented out the land my hands are tied. I will plan on one here sometime if there is interest. After all,I am located a half hour from Madson's as well as Don V's,so it would make an interesting visit,rain or shine,right??

Jim, exactly the reason that the streeeeetched frame is getting the 982 column and wheel!!

For those of you that don't know this project, I'll dig out the pics or snap a couple new ones.

Mike,

I had the same problem with my tiller bracket. I used a cresent wrench and just turned up the corner of the frame enough to clear. Not sure where my bracket came from.

Ryan,
I just got home from St. Louis with my Allis / Simplicity Plow like that! CJM

Had some great Cub Time Tuesday night at Frank Morski's. I'll admit, some of the bargains he has picked up by being at the right place at the right time (with cash in hand) made me envious! He paid the same as I did for a shredder - but he got a free tractor with 3 pt & weights, a deck, and a tiller with it for free! And they all work.
So it goes. Thanks for the hospitality Frank.
CJM

Back