• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 20, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Travis-Did you ever finish that project? Wasn't that going to have a loader on it?

BTW This just in. By PD 7 if it takes place at the end of March/first of April. I will have produced my first set of ih wheel weight reproductions. Just found my local source of coke to fire my cupola furnace (soon to be constructed)

And this is not the project that I was hinting about the other day.

J

Art, the way I meant it, recon would be an advance search for future action........ Besides, I can't help it if you won't let me spend your money. :eek:)

Jonathan, when will we know more about this project?

It was going to have a loader, but I bought that 966, so I don't need it anymore. I decided to make it a plow tractor. Don is helping me warm up the engine a little ;-)

The project in question should be finished sometime during the holiday weekend (next week). I hope to have a couple of the bi-products done by next weekend as well (at least Ryan hopes so).

Gov:
Followed up on that brilliant idea of yours to host plow day at Meigs Field. I don't think it's gonna fly. Da mayer won't take kindly to us tearing up his newly planted grass. . .
13987.jpg

Also, da honkers tend to be territorial and vicious. Would advise not goin there. . .
13988.jpg

Charlie -

Nope, but I *do* have an old "The Loop 97.9FM Kick ass rock'n'roll" t-shirt...
wink.gif

I stil think we need to have a "Mow Day" in Chicago.

Kraig-
Re-con-nais-sance n An observation of territory such as that of the enemy.

<font size="-2">I guess you were right...again..</font>

KQ92FM?

Well back in the early 70's we had the BIG 89 piped in overseas with "Superjock" Larry Lujack, hehehe

To bad they went to talk radio, sigh!!

Question for the curious: On the articulated tractors that people have built, how do you handle the two drive axles? If they're hydrostatic, do you link the hydro output shaft of the front axle to the input of the rear axle, and then create a linkage between the trunion plates? I've also seen a gear drive articulated version. Very curious about that was accomplished.
I was thinking of creating an '82 version, since I haven't seen one of those yet, and really like the styling of the '82's...

Art, KQRS 92 FM, yes sir, I really need to get a copy of that commercial on tape. :eek:) BTW, When do I get to spend some of your money again?

Mike, the articulated hydros have a drive shaft between the hydros and a linkage between the trunions. I believe there a a couple ways of doing it with the gear versions.

Went 2B tilling with the 782 this past weekend and was surprised how well it did with the roots, rocks, and clay that we've got here in upstate SC. Had about 6-7 inches of depth going on, and during the second pass, the upper belt decided to let go. Had to make an emergency call to one of the sponsors to get a new one on the way, as we have no CC, IH, or Case dealers anywhere close... (let me rephrase that. We've got CC 'dealers', but they couldn't tell a 70 from a 782, because it wasn't made in the last 5 years.)

On the 2B tiller on a 782, I ended up having to 'clearance' the bracket that the gearbox attached to in the upper corners due to the 782's frame interfering. Anyone else seen this? Were there different tiller mounting brackets, or is there something going on with the framerails of my 782? The frame interfered about 1/4 of an inch.

Mark, are those weights or hub caps? Are they plastic or metal? Very clean look.

Kraig - They're weights. (metal) They weigh about 42-46lbs each. I don't know what brand/kind they are though. They were originally black. An IH decal would look good in the middle.

Mark

(Message edited by mburger on November 20, 2003)

Back