• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 20, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fridays finially here and I am outa here, work that is , start my 11 day vacation in 30 minutes.
Deer hunt season begin saturday here so I will be out searching for the 30 point buck.
See you again on Dec.2.

Todd I do not Know your specific inventory system. Our in house inventory works by description. To find a bearing we put in Inside diameter, outside diameter, and thickness. This greatly limits the number of choices that come up. Any combination or single characteristic, will return hits.

Charlie M:

Glad you could stop by. Mother nature was not in a cooperating mood but still enjoyed meeting another cub guy.

I am going to look at that shredder mount tomorrow and see if there are springs in it. That was interesting since I have used the 59M guite a bit since I got it.

You forgot the brinly plow in the list of free stuff.

Ask Charlie about the monster weights?
He got to see them mounted on my 1450.

I have a question for anyone that might know.

Where can I get 12" x 12" regular rims, not fancy chrome ones, with 4-8" offset, so I can mount 26-12-12's on my cubs?

Frank, I think the rims for a cub useing 12X12X26 tires uses a 10" rim and the offset is 2 X 8. I have a set of 4" offset rims and had to trim my inner fenders for clearence. It makes setting a plow up properly, difficult. The track of the rear tires are narrow for the hitch to center a 12" plow behind you. You can use a 12 inch rim but if pulling a plow use 2 X 10 backspacing

Hydro Harry....Have to agree to disagree on the QL being the pinnacle of CC. (thinking out loud) They look like the.....the...(hmmm, not a slanty "china" tractor like the 104, 127, ect)......not a 66 series tractor like the 1x8/1x9....they don't look like anything IH made in farm tractors.

NOW, when you look at the 82 series, you see stylish lines, and a clean look of power. Just like that on the "New Number One", the IH 50 series. Besides, RED is the color of power.......
happy.gif

Just ask Travis or Dunham.......

Anyone have pic's of a 42" front blade with the hydraulic attachment (cylinder and brackets)in place?
Thanks, Dean

Dean R,
Never seen a 42 setup with hydraulics but here's the 54" setup.
14011.jpg

14012.jpg

I'll bet someone has done it though, Kraig!!!!!

Frank-
12X12 rims are almost impossible to find, I don't know if they were never used in the GT market, or what, but it seems like guys who have either 10" or 12" wide rims for sale want a mint for them.

Something to think about though is if you really want a 12" rim anyway. Sure, the tires are going to have a crown on them with an 8" or even a 10" rim, but I believe with plenty of ballast (read = lots of weight) and the correct air-pressure you can get them to squat down pretty good anyway. Remember something that some guys forget.. A Super GT is going to need more rear weight because the engine is further forward with the longer frame. I run wheel weights that are 100lbs a piece and with my 250lb butt in the seat feel as though my 1872 is just barely weighted properly, although at Travis' I could alternate between spinning the high-side wheel and loosing steering control up front, so maybe I was just right.

Another thought to consider is that unless you're plowing by yourself, you'll most likely be running in somebody else's 10" plow furrow, so do you really want a 12" wide "footprint" anyway?...

I may be all wet here, so...
<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Frank , used 12 wide rims are almost impossible to find. if you want new ones check out a Simplicity Legacy rim . the bolt attern is correct to put on a cub , I don't remember what the offset is. 4-8 offset should still fit under the fenders

Kevin,
Glad you got it.
Mine looks just like Ryan's gravel pic except I can't see the tractor end to well. The rod is straight and in the bottom hole on the tractor end bracket.
I think the proper set-up like in Kraig's diagram would give us better lift height.
Pat

Dave, the Cubs with 26X12-12's still use an 8.5" wide rim. The offset is just different.

Yeah, Travis comes up as number two on the list for both Google and Yahoo. Travis, who are you paying off...? (grin)

Art, I think you're about right on the wheel size & weights needed. Here's what I used yesterday plowing with my 10" plow in old railroad right of way ground. 26-12-12 STG style tires on 9.5" rims. 7 weights. 2 on the front, 2 each rear wheel. and one on the hitch like the 2 on front. It worked great. I was using my latest and last edition dished coulter mounting bracket. It will really throw trash & dirt! Wait till you see a video of it working, or see it in person! I am going to plow a garden for a guy today and will add a small weight to the rear of the plow frame. Maybe a photo later!
happy.gif

So are we all ready for the "big storm" that's supposed to hit this weekend? (I'm skeptical) Looks like I'm gonna have to cut deer-hunting short this weekend as I don't have the cab or blower on the 1872!
uhoh.gif

Kraig...Thanks, I have a 149 lift cylinder and was trying to figure out how to mount the cylinder...But was trying to have it above the plow frame not under it, also not even sure the cylinder in long enough to angle both ways. Won't be ready this year anyway. THANKS AGAIN
Dean

Art-
It's not going to snow, I've got the blower mounted to the 169 and I'm picking up a Cyclone 440 this weekend. I'm too ready, it just isn't going to happen
happy.gif

If you can't find wide rims make them.Take two rims for 8.50 tires cut them in half and weld them together.The 8-1/5 rims with 26-12-12 tires on them were too close to my lower 3 point arme on my 1512(782D) so i made a set the offset is less on a smaller rim,
your_image.gif
your_image.gif
your_image.gif

Bryan, all the super garden tractors have the bigger wheel, AFAIK. I can measure some when I get home. Course, I'd have to go to the sheriff's impound yard to check my 982 ;-)

Sure is dead here. Everyone out looking for been stubble?
err.gif

Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum
This is the Ghost of Hydro Harry
on IHCubCadet.com
(kinda poetic aint it)

Back