Archive through November 18, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James,
Nope, but the old guy that has run it for the last 30 years is going to. It's called income to help cover cost ya know.
clappy.gif

Charlie I haven't done the neutral adjustment just yet. It is very close in that when I step on the brake it comes very very close to the neutral indicator on the dash and the tractor stops moving. Would that help with the speed being harder to move?

Wow,
Very nice Charlie,Lucky man,Looks like your going to be busy!

Jason you can get the gaskets and seals from any Cub dealer and probably any of the sponsors above. If I remember right the seals on the stub shaft and trunion shaft are different on the older hydros than the newer hydros.

When I put a hydro back together I have a small container with hydro fluid and dip the parts in it or use a spray can with hydro fluid and flush all the parts. It can't hurt.

When I reassemble the swash plate I remove all of the pins from the swash plate, then put a pin in the stub shaft and one in the trunion shaft. Then insert the stub shaft and trunion shaft into the hydro and the swash plate. Looking down on the swash plate you can line up the shafts with the hole in the swash plate. Once they are aligned drive them in 1/2 the length of the pin and they will be centered on the shaft and the swash plate. On the side with the two pins drive the second one in 1/2 the length of the pin from flush.

Charlie, I thought you weren't moving until the 28th? Couldn't wait to play in the snow eh?
happy.gif

Charlie You live in Minnesota, how much farther north can you go?????? AY!!!

Latest posts

Back