Archive through November 14, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kraig--- there is a 125 with a bucket loader for sale doun here!! Time to come visit.

Todd,
Looks great!!!!! I need to send some of mine your way for a touch up. Keep the pics a coming.
thumbsup_old.gif

Josh

Hello all. i just got home from a 62 mile drive 1 way to pick up this tester for setting up my 149 K. I wanted to get everything at spec before i run the 14 and use it for grading the drive way. Here is the $28.00 tester.
97005.jpg

Don: This could get awfully interesting, awfully fast. When you hook the positive on the dwell/tach to the positive side of the coil and the negative to ground, you should get a proper RPM reading on the 8cyl scale. Where it gets interesting is when someone comes in here and tells us WHY??
beerchug.gif

Frasnk i have to say i`am getting readings of 8, The scale is 0 to 24?. the 147 at wot reads 8 and 1 idle ? Help .........
1a_scratchhead.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
old.gif

We can do this, right here in front of God and everybody. Mine reads 0 to 12 on the 8cyl scale, yours reads 0 to 24. I think your 8 at WOT is 4000 rpm and your 1 is 500 rpm. Sound fair???
I'm Skypeable.
beer2.gif

Don, I just picked up one of these:

97022.jpg

All the talk about setting governors made me think about my 149. My "seat of the pants" tach said that the engine was running way to fast. Well, the Vibratach said it was running at about 3400 RPM no load, so I adjusted the cable and high speed stop, and now it's about 3700 RPM no load. The Vibratach couldn't be easier to use. Hold it against the engine (I used the air cleaner) and turn the dial until the wire vibrates in the largest arc. Then read your RPM's off the dial. You can get the Vibratach from most any small engine dealer, Briggs part number 19200, or Tecumseh part number 670156. It's the same unit, from either source. Should cost about $20 US, higher in Canada
noshare.gif

Frank and Don..
Are you measuring Dwell and reading it off the scale as RPM?? (In Don's pic, the meter is on Dwell, not RPM...)

Don,

If the switch is in the RPM/Tach position, the top black scale looks like it reads 0-24. This looks like it would be the 4 cyl scale in RPM x 100. Therefore, it would be reading 0-2400 rpm on a 4 cylinder motor. IIRC you can just take this reading and multiply by 4 to get your RPM. Therefore your "1" would be 400 RPM and your "8" would be 3200 RPM.

Todd, that 106 looks awesome!! I cant wait till I redo mine to look like that, unless of course you wanna do it!!

This is waaaaaaaaay off topic, but does anyone here hunt whitetail? I need to pick someones brain for some answers.
Shotgun.gif

Kraiq , now i know what you were doing.I have to go out in the am and have another look at how to set wot on my 14 K. I have to have a fresh head to think this through.I`am sure that the k is running to fast. I hope i`am on the right page here with the proper way to set these K`s up. Is there a (set up for dummies) lol that I can Read?
stupid.gif
old.gif

Oh yeah, first tip scott. Dont bring your "cub" with ya. Its too loud and will scare dem "tails" away!!!
clown.gif
bazooka.gif
nutbags.gif

Todd, VERY NICE!
greenthumb.gif

Scott S., I'm guilty! I'm no expert though but we can discuss deer hunting further HERE

Don T:
Page 6.31 in the Kohler manual is a great place to start......

Kraig,
The 125 with loader is on Craigslist in AR. It's a pile for sure. But the loader looks pretty decent, the bad part is it's priced way too high to be worth it. It looks like a Danco RD2000 loaded with the light material bucket.

Keith

I finally got the Wisconsin Spring Plowday video from May 18, 2008 uploaded to my website, for those of you that attended or are interested in watching it. Click on the link in my signature line; the video link is about halfway down the page. Sorry about the quality. The domain my website is on has a 10MB file size cap. The original, high-quality version is 50MB but I have no way to put it on my website at the moment. I might have to break it up into pieces.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Keith LeJeune (Klejeune) on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 02:15 pm:

Kraig, isn't it great to get all of this advice without everyone standing around your shop?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

HaHa! Good Point, Keith! ......and around my shop, my friends would drink all my beer!

Keep up the good fight (with your governor), Kraig McC !!
RWilke
beerchug.gif

Latest posts

Back