• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 13, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elincoln

displayname
Edward H Lincoln
The kittens were 6 weeks old Monday. Most of the time they are sleeping or wrestling. They are a lot of fun to watch. Still cant get the mother cat in the house yet
248867.jpg

Scott...so Fuzzy loves the box.!how old is fuzzy? but what is the orange kitties name? the one who is killing the straw? lol. that pic reminded me of our little Annie. in the warm months we would get icy colds at the store and Annie would sit and stare at our drinks till we got done so she could pull the straws out and play with them. She acutally had quite a few amassed, but don't know where she has them all hidden now, probably under the couch cushions.

Ahhh, look at those babies of Ed's. They are so sweet. Three bunches between Al, Jeff and Ed, and they all have an orange and a tuxedo baby .! those big baby blue's.! yeppers, that orange one kind of stands out from the rest..lol. thanks for sharing Ed. Maybe soon mamma will come in..

Jeff, your daughters first try at a video of the your kitties is really great...pass the word onto her..which I know you will.

Allen, how are your babies doing? do you have them back on the porch now that the storms have passed over? can we get a update pic to see how they are growing?

Fancy and I are still power walking. Not sure he is losing a ton of weight, but maybe he's lost a pound of so, so far. He is much lighter on his feet though and loves, loves loves to do do our power walks. he keeps a good stride up with me now too, and no collapsing and wanting or needing me to carry him to the house. This past week-end he went out with marlin but went under my van and hid out, but the minute I came out, he scooted out from under the van and was ready to go do his power walk...that little black tail went straight up , with a little curl on the end..lol. The cooler weather has been playing havoc on the allergies I had which morphed into a nasty cold and cough. Fresh air isn't my friend right now, but Fancy has to walk, so I just cough a whole lot more when we come in. urrrrr.

This morning Annie was in the litter box in the bathroom, and Fancy took up position behind a basket in the dining room, and just as she was coming out, he ambushed her. it was so funny. He was getting so excited to pounce on her, I didnt think he was going to wait till she was done, but he did, and she was mighty surprised as well. hahaha..they tossled and did air punches

Cathleen
angel.gif

Fuzzy is 2-1/2 years old, the orange lard-butt is Jax.... We got him at the shelter to keep Fuzzy company after Manny died. (Manny could see)

I finally got a vid of Fuzzy "Tigger-bouncing" around the yard... It's funnier if the grass is taller, though.
http://72.35.72.219/~library/10157/FuzzyLymics.3g2

David-

Cool cats, cars, and cubs. Both kitties are pretty but that BJ has a unique beauty all his own.

David, " Princess" and " BJ" are both amazingly beautiful kitties. BJ is so unique looking with his coloring..do you have a pick of Buddy Sr? and I agree with Wayne about the cool cubbys and car too...sweet car.!! how old is BJ?

Yesterday morning Annie was on a roll and quite entertaining for the wee hours of the morning. She got on a hell bent run up and down the stairs and with her first run down, when she hit the dining room floor, she put on the brakes but she was going to fast, she slide across 9' of floor until she hit the carpet at the doorway to the living room, which promptly stopped her and she about did a roll over when she hit the carpet. It was beyond funny, but she managed to make it back up the stairs without either one of us seeing her and then came running back down a second time but did manage to slow before she hit the landing of the stairs.
She has been on mouse patrol too. Yesterday morning after her crazyness, I found her hiding behind her post on the counter top behind the paper towels. she believes she is totally invisible there. hehehe..I snuck up and took a pic of her. She was totally motionless and barely blinked. she was like " shhssss...dont say anything..I'm hiding".. and then there is the peaking under the stove as the mice dine on potato flakes. She will sit forever on the counter top behind the paper towels, but I do think the mice are onto her..at least after they had their go around last week when there was that obvious fight on the counter and the plugged in toaster ended up unplugged and sitting upright on the floor in front of the stove.! hahaha..

249001.jpg

249002.jpg

Fancy is loving his daily " power walks" as I refer to them now. The other day he went out with Marlin and went under my van, but the minute I came out, he scooted out from under the van and was ready to go power walk. He's so happy and that little tail goes straight up with a happy curl on the end. Yesterday we were going to just walk up to Amy's and back but he decided after that walk he wanted to do ' around the yard' walk, and didnt miss a step. He's much lighter on his feet now. And I dont have to carry him back to the house when he wears out, so he's getting into shape. its a win win for both of us, and I exercise too, I guess. lol. It so enjoyable with the unbelievable warm weather we are having to be outside. Its suppose to be in the high 50's to low 60's thru next week, so we won't be cold doing our daily power walks..sometimes we do two a day, since its been nicer out. Fancy knows the routes we take now and at times he's the leader and I follow along..which is a change from having to walk soo slllooooowww for him to keep up, when we started this whole get into shape/weight loss agenda. He's back to be happy Fancy stepper now..((smiles))

angel.gif
cathleen

BJ is 8 years old, spring of 2004. We took delivery of a new Kenworth that fall and he started hanging around it all the time as I was getting it ready for the road, on it, in it and all over it, So I figured , what the heck, I'll give him a chance at "Co Pilot" He spent the next several years and several hundred thousand miles on the road w/me. Here's what he liked to do best when we were home at times during the winter, help w/picture puzzles!

His Uncle Hemi, a Himalayin seal point, was my trucking buddy back in the 80's. He would run out of the house and down to the truck, hop up on the steps and want in when we were ready to hit the road!! Hemi lived to be 16 when old age and feline ahlsheimers took him. His mother, Dezi also lived to a ripe old age going blind near the end. Hemi's Daddy, Damian and "Big D" for short, was also a Himmy and was rescued from an abusive home. When we got him We had to sedate him enough to completely shave him to get rid of all the fur matts.

I don't have a decent photo of Buddy. He just started hanging around about 12 years ago and would stay for a few days and then just dissapear, sometimes for a week or 10 days and then come back. He was a huge strapping Tom and very freindly hence the name Buddy. As the years passed he started going down hill, we could tell he was sick, old age mostly the vet said. He would spend days in the garage in his basket and then one day he wandered off and never came back. BJ is a spitting image of him, just a wee bit smaller is all.

249007.jpg

His Uncle Hemi, a Himalayin seal point, was my trucking buddy back in the 80's. He would run out of the house and down to tyhe truck, hop up on the steps and want in when we were ready to hit the road!! Somewhere I have some good pictures (pre computer) of Him on the truck If I can ever find 'em.

Here's a shot of one of his litter mates taken a year ago. Meet Sassy, He lives across the street at my Sons house along w/his sister Patches.

249008.jpg

Princess is my shop cat and spends most days there w/me. She has a hard time keeping clean now that it's cooler and we spend more tim inside the shop. She will follow me all around all day!

Dave S>

For those who inquired...the kittens are back home for a week now. 2 were adopted while at temporary housing. Yesterday (friday) the all black one in the rear was adopted. Down to 4 now. I'd love to keep the orange one (Redbud) but the internal problems it would cause would be similar to a disruption in the space/time continuum !

249018.jpg

Allen, wow, they are growing fast!

David S., very handsome and beautiful cats!

Cathleen,

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

when she hit the dining room floor, she put on the brakes but she was going to fast, she slide across 9' of floor until she hit the carpet at the doorway to the living room, which promptly stopped her and she about did a roll over when she hit the carpet.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

<font size="-1">When either of my cats do something like this they typically start grooming themselves with an "I meant to do that look."</font>

Well, the wife and I almost died laughing the other day... Fuzzy, who is blind, is allowed to go outside alone. She gets around surprizingly well, and seems to know where all of the obstacles are.. In our side yard, we had this 2-1/2 foot high box elder stump, which she used to jump onto and "peer" out over potential prey... Well, last weekend, I cut the stump to the ground. She went out and went to "tigger-bounce" up onto the stump, which is not there anymore. up she went to the former required height, then down she went onto the now ground level stump.. I wish we had a camera...
249130.jpg

gots to catch up here..

Allen, those little ones grow up so fast. Its so good to know they are all going to ' forever' homes. What a face that black and white kitty has. Thanks for the picture update.

Edward, that is so neat that BJ kept you company on the road for so many years. f! How did he ride? Would he ever lay up on the dash? I have seen a few segments on kitties who ride with truckers, and I found it fasinating since kitties aren't normally good riders ( not like dogs usually)..although there are the abnormal kitties..Like BJ, and Fancy who loves nothing more then driving around in the pick up with Marlin.! I loved the pic of BJ lounging on the puzzle. Nothing like making sure he gets attention...its like love me or I will mess you up..or at least your puzzle. hahaha..!! Thanks for sharing the little stories about the other kitties to. I so enjoy the story telling. Uncle Hemi has quite the face, one of complete authority.! He's beautiful too. Hemi's are such a beautiful breed anyways.. chuckle..you can't have an ugly Hemi can you?

Scott, so Fuzzy is blind huh? Well, geez whiz, shouldnt you have TOLD Fuzzy that you cut D-O-W-N his tree stump? I mean really..he didnt get a memo did he? how mean is that? sitting here giggling. That really had to be comical watching Fuzzy jump up and promptly come DOWN.! I bet he was thinking What THE heck just happened. haha.. That was a very interesting story about the blind kitty too. Very acute hearing.

Kraig, ah, we know that " I meant to do that look". hahaha.. and no, she didnt do that, but she did put up the invisibilty shield, .and we never saw her go back up...until she came running down like the little speed demon she is, but she did apply brakes on the landing that time..hehehe..

Anyone lose a cat? you call for them and then turn around and there they are, standing there staring up at you, like hey, I've been standing right here the whole time, so like why are you calling me? I dont know how they appear out of nowhere, but all like to do that on occassion around here. When I call for Hannah, she isn't the best at coming. Annie is the best for coming when called. Fancy will, but at his own pace though, and Tootsie, she comes fairly quickly too, specially if you say you have F-I-S-H or
C-H-I-C-k-E=N. I have to spell it out, so they don't get excited. Marlin spelled chicken just yesterday and as he was spelling, I was watching Fancy, and Fancy put his ears on radar, and I said to Marlin, ahhh, I think Fanc knows what your spelling..hahaha.!

does anyone else's kitties cover up their food after they are done eating? Fancy does that. If there is a piece of a paper towel on his chair or the floor, he will use that to cover his food or he'll use a toy. He's taught Annie to do that as well. The other morning I had given them breakfast and I was going to give Fanc a few pieces of ham and I went to put in his bowl and ooops, it was covered, very pricisely with a paper towel. hahaha...Fancy always has to have a piece of ham/w egg/cheese in the morning so Marlin will put it on a piece of paper towel, so if I dont pick it up right away , that is what he will use to cover his food. I've noticed that tootsie is working at hiding her food in the morning too, by trying to cover her food plate with the towel she sits on, on the church pew. Ever single day, she messes up the towel, bunching it up to try to cover her plate. I think I already shared this but one morning, she actually succeeded in getting the plate to the end of the towel and then inbetween the folds in the towel and she about had the whole plate covered. That is one little industrious girl

angel.gif
Cathleen

Cathleen, my full size cats dont try to cover their food but a couple of the kittens have learned(?) to do that. Some sort of instinct from previous times to hide food from others. Kind of funny to watch...wish they would do the same thing to 'things' they leave in the pan !

Cathleen-

That's funny you should mention covering up their food. Millie does that and it sort of ticks me off a little. I have never seen it before and all of the sudden I have a kitten that does it and I just didn't know of this "instinct". I know now and I'll stop threatening with the water bottle. It never got to the point she was affected anyway...she always gets her way.

Graygirl brought them a big ole field rat today but half of it was gone before they had a chance to play with it. She brings in around three a week on average. I really don't think I'd ever have to feed her.

... and to think this whole thread got started by a little kitten that came, got fed, gained weight and strength and disappeared. I swear that Shadow had nothing to do with it, but I think my next dog might be a cat.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Frank, yes to think all this has come to be a great place of sharing stories about our kitties because of that special little girl who showed up at your place..who touched your heart and home and then quietly slipped away, but not from your heart, or ours. I still think of her at times and wonder how she is, but it was your sharing and concern that began this greater gathering and our sharing and please know you and that little girl will always hold a special place in my heart for you and your concern for her being the beginning of this greater sharing we have now. (((Hugs))

Isn't it interesting the instincts the little furballs are born with? the desire to use a litter pan, covering their food, stalking prey..and the great entertainment they offer when they practice that innate ability to stalk prey, so tiny, and that little behind will wiggle back and forth, going faster and faster till finally they POUNCE.

Wayne, I'm glad you discovered with our sharing here that Millie covering her food isn't a weird quirk, that irritated you, but normal instinctual behavior.You can put up that water bottle now, right? I dont like the spray bottle method for discipline. Kitties are so intelligent and can be raised and disciplined like " dogs". Some feel that relating to a kitty is different then relating to a dog, but there really isn't any difference. Its all a matter of the humans state of mind. Their intelligence gives way to greater understanding of communicating with them through sound and actions, such as using a treat to train them to do specific trick or action. I feel using a singular word when you want to them stop some behavior is much better, or adopting a specific action to detour it, but spray bottles? not so much. Our kitties know what NO, STOP and A means. I use a strong sharp A on Annie when I want her to stop doing something, like being a bully to Hannah or Tootsie, that she sometimes expresses. That sharp A stops her in her tracks for some reason. I use to point at her and say STOP but that really ticked her off and afterwards she would come at me and attack my ankles and bite me. It did hurt to. That quickly ended for the most part when I stopped pointing at her. lol. Every once in awhile I'll use that two finger motion, see me watching you message, and she detests that too, but doesnt attack. I'm not sure where she got that little nasty streak, as Fancy found her outside when she was so young, 4 weeks, but something had irritated her at a young age, she must of had to fight for survival of the fittest as a wee one and that agression that comes out once inahile is a result of what happened to her before she came HERE.! . But I let her know who IS BOSS, and she knows it when I say A. !!!!!

Hannah has gotten to be quite the talker. Not just meowing, but talking in kitty langauge, it sounds much like this {http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3U0udLH974I and when I play it,if there are any kitties close enough to hear it, they do come and watch and listen to the video.But, that is how Hannah is talking to me now, I need to figure out whats she's telling me.. lol.

angel.gif
Cathleen

Allen, thats interesting that some of your kids from the latest mom will cover their food. I wonder why some will and some won't? if it has to do with being born " outside" or inside? lol..

Scott, that video on the blind kityy was so interesting. Goes to show they dont need all their senses to live productive lives. Her ' hearing' was astute, as I am sure Flufflys is to. I watched a video on you tube the other day, and it was a kitty wandering around the house with a paper bag on his head. He didnt try to take it off, but moved about the house with the greatest of ease, not bumping into anything. It was really cute, and funny. It didnt have any inclination to take the bag off either. lol.

I can't remember who put the link to the Maru videos up, when we were talking about kitties loving boxes. We've seen him on Animal Planet a lot of times. I love it when he jumps out of the box. He looks like a jack in the box the way he jumps straight up and out...to cute.

angel.gif
cathleen

Back