• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 13, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric, the proper term for it is "Yellow and White Fever" though there is a similar strain that is, I believe, as yet unnamed but could be called "Red and White Fever" or just as you called it "Cub Fever". It is not terminal the only relief is the aquisition of more Cub Cadets and related attachments. Sounds like you have a bad case of it.
happy.gif

Dennis' notes on the S/G and charging capacity brought a question to mind. Why is using one of those little computer chip controlled chargers (like the Battery Tender Plus) so much better for batteries if the regulator in the charging circuit does the same thing? I mean, why are those little chargers touted to be able to prolong the lives of batteries? I ask because I have four batteries up on my workbench and alternate between them all winter long with my little - but very expensive at $89 - computer controlled charger.

I've got puters and a laptop settin here and both have about 2" to the right of your pic Kraig!

So Ryan W.
Do they still have 12" monitors out there these days?
biggrin.gif

Charlie, my guess is that Ryan has the resolution on his PC set low (likely to 600x800) which would make the text, photos, Icons and everything else appear larger.

Craig,
Tilt your head the other way, when you waste time hittin a little white ball around a cow pasture and hit the really short smooth grassy part, you use a putter to drop it in the gopher hole!
biggrin.gif

CRAIG - That battery charger's manufacturer is banking on the fact You have some parasitic draw on the charge of those batteries, a leak to ground, maybe the preset memory of the AM/FM/Cassette player on Your Cub Cadet....(don't laugh... My 72 has one!) And their little charger keeps the battery at full charge as opposed to sulfating up the plates and killing it. Also, lots of people use them especially in winter to keep their batteries warm because a warm battery has more power and makes for easier starting.
Also, a battery setting on a bare concrete floor WILL discharge....Those sneeky little electrons will crawl out of the terminal posts and run down the side of the battery and scamper away on the bare concrete floor..... but put the battery on a board and they will not. I've never tried to prove this, I don't have any batteries I care to destroy!

Ya know, when I use Lynx I see LOTS of space around the images - cuz there aren't any - is that a problem?
lol.gif

Eric: from a man that has restored many things the answer is------YES! Of course a lot of times I find myself owning 2 of things (tools, tractors, trucks) because I have a 32 yr. old son, 2 daughters with boyfriends, and thank God the other son lives to far away.

I drive my wife nuts when we are on the Harley because I like to take the old back roads so I can look behind barns never know when you might spot something.

The older you get the worst the fever becomes also.

Pops

Latest posts

Back