Archive through November 12, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray L,
Yep, there's very little rust on it. It will be a good one to restore.

I got it cheap because it wouldn't go in gear. I pulled the shifter apart and found a sheared roll pin that allowed the shifter ball to disengage the forks. Put a new pin in and drove it off the trailer!

70253.jpg

Michael M.-

That's really nice. That's probably what mine looks like under the flaky green and yellow paint that some moron put on there....

Matt G.
I have no first hand knowledge of the handle mod, but that's what I've heard.
UNLESS, CRS has set in again!
biggrin.gif

Got a question for you OCC gurus. My new tractor is #44751 (Oct '62). It seems to be pretty much original except for a replacement seat, but the generator/starter and air cleaner are black. I wouldn't be surprised if the g/s was a replacement, but what about the air cleaner? Did IH release any tractors with black oil bath cleaners? It doesn't seem to be repainted.

Michael M.-

That air cleaner could be from some other application with a K-161. I've seen quite a few gensets with a K-161 and that air cleaner. People change stuff over the years, I've gotten tractors with "unrepainted" JD air cleaners, among other things. That thing is remarkably unmolested for its age.

Wyatt
You are correct that the IH adapter studs have a taper on both sides, and I thought when Dan first started making reproduction adapter's, his did too.

Paul - If Dan's did then he was surely putting a lot of work into them. Having to take a piece of hex stock , cutting , drilling , threading , chambfering ...

Ken-
If you've ever been to Dan's shop, you'll know that nothing is work for Dan....It just "happens"...

<font size="-2">Oh......and it's perfect!</font>
wink.gif

Michael-
Nice Original, welcome to the club! What's the story with the early-style S/G bracket on that engine? Something is up there...

Terry-
Does it look like the bucket on that one-armer is sticking further out than it does on yours? Looks hard to lift like that....

You should buy it, then you'll have your "other arm".
rofl.gif

Well darn! I didn't even notice the early s/g bracket. I'll have to go over the whole thing tomorrow and see what else interesting I can find.

BTW, already joined the club...this is OCC #6 for me.

Mike, I see your tag line not an addiction... you should add..."it's an affliction" you have OCCOCD - OCC Obsessive Compulsive Disorder!
lol.gif
roflol.gif
Nice find BTW, I'm jealous.

Art,
Good catch. Sheesh. You must be a student of these things. . .
coffee.gif

Mike,
Now that wiring harness is interesting. I often wonder how many rolls of tape go into keeping these tractors going. BUT, I'm inspired. Gotta get picks of my Original soon.

Finished rebuilding the 7hp last Saturday night, but, as we were putting tools away, I pushed down too hard on the govenor arm and the tab broke off inside the engine. REALLY STUPID!
Two steps forward, two steps backwards. . .

ART - What a difference the "Right Tool for Every Job Makes!" Huh?
Shift.gif

Man, what a slow day. Usually when I get back here from class I've got like a whole page or something to read....
lurking.gif

Experimenting with making a serated plow coulter. Made a paper pattern, then a plywood template. Used plasma cutter, then angle grinder to clean and sharpen the edge.

70293.jpg

70294.jpg

70295.jpg

The non-cut portion is 2" the cut out is 2 3/8". A little miscalculation in transferring from paper to cutting it out of wood and the width of cut of the plasma. It is uniform, and happy with the results (first time using plasma).

That reminds me; I should scan some of my International Harvester engineering standards sometime!
70312.jpg

70313.jpg

Latest posts

Back