Archive through November 11, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsdeese

displayname
timothy deese
Would installing a 6 pin driver be better then a standard 3 pin driver?

Timothy,

If you are going to use it at tractor pulls, or be doing a lot of work with it, I would say it would be a good idea.
If you are just going to show it, or do light work, I would invest the money in something else.
Just my two cents.

318122.jpg

318123.jpg

A deep thank you to all the veterans out there both past and present your sacrifice and service is not forgotten in this Americans part of the world,sorry if this is off topic

You got that right Ethan!

Got the 149 loader rig in the shop and have removed the loader in preparation for front end and steering rebuild as well as hydro repairs and possibly some engine work.
Will determine that as soon as I can get the head off and see what condition things are in that area. I believe the gasket is leaking some.

Got the 1650 back on line after a year off. Put a snow blade on it and a pair of fluid filled mud grip tires that will also get a set of weights and chains to boot. That along w/some yard work pretty well shot my weekend!!

Still on tap is getting the 1450 and thrower out of summer storage and ready to rock 'n' roll. For some reason it does not want to start so will wind up towing it into the shop later this week.

Still waiting on some response from the Deere hydro pictures I posted on the last page the other day. Whether to keep anything besides the hydro valve or not, anyone??

David-cool sounds like you got some heavy work there on tap,as for the hydro valve of it mates up to a cub....keep the sucker

Got started on the teardown last night.
I'm afraid the front end is really shook.
I'll start a thread on this project.
It's not going to be a full bore restoration though as I will need this machine for cemetery work a lot next spring. Will be fixing whatever needs fixed along w/new wiring and possibly some paint work on the loader itself.

318129.jpg

318130.jpg

David-

If you plan to work that tractor like a red headed step child you might consider doing a front spindle upgrade. Several guys on here have experience with it (I'm just not one of them...yet). Power steering is another thing to consider. Our late friend and member Don Tanner did this upgrade to a 129 with a fel I'm guessing about 5 years ago (Frank...a little help??) He was planning on adding the p/s but I think things got in the way. Anyway, I'm sure he posted about it. Try a search.

David, the 129 and the 682/782 use the same front axle. I didn't check on the spindles. FWIW, Parts Lookup is useful to compare part numbers for various items between models to see what will swap between.

David,

The axles and spindles will work, as I have done this with my 1450.

BUT, you will need the rims also. The 86, 1x8/9wide frame’s and the early 800-1650 quiet lines had 3/4” spindles/bearings. The late quiet lines and 82 Series had 1” spindles/bearings.

YES.....82 series spindles will go right on an xx8/9 series axle AND will gain you the benefit of 1" spindles vs. the 3/4" from the xx8/9...perfect for loader work!!!

You will need the front rims from the 82 series as well, but if I recall correctly, your have a whole pile of 82 series parts in your back yard now!

Mr.Schwandt,
What type of work table do you have? I also have a 149 that I'm considering for a front loader project. I'll be watching your post.

rw

If I were putting a loader on a small frame tractor a 149 would be my first choice (had one...)

318135.jpg

But my real preference for loader work is an SGT frame. The extra 5-1/2" in the center is in just the right place to make getting on and off a lot easier....and it gives you more leverage for counterweight. Not to mention the much heavier SGT front axle.

Current Loader...

318136.jpg

David S,

I believe many internal parts on that green hydro pump are common with a CC configured pump beyond just the dump valves you mentioned. Charge pump, pressure relief springs, squash plates, plungers, etc. It is also a ported pump which is a plus so I would definitely recommend keeping it for cheap spare parts. My $0.02

Latest posts

Back