• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 11, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve B., I wish my shed was that organized! Well done. Thanks for the storage ideas.

It must be a fuel pump. I will take some pics over the weekend and post them.
Thanks for you insight!!!!!
Dean

Concerning the spi-rol pin removal. I learned that holding the punch with a long pliers is a good way to save your hand. A 12" pliers isn't too long for me.

John

John G.
I've learned not to use a punch!
23033.jpg

Obscure humor:

23035.jpg

Ce n'est pas une pompe d'essence

<font size="-2">lessee who was paying attention in art history class...</font>

Paul B.

They can be a real SOB....last one I had to take apart required me to saws-all the shaft on both sides and get a donor replacement.......I beat the living pi$$ outta that one, and gave it some heat too. I hate to tell you, but you may be in for a job.

Ken, I suppose you kept the last one for yourself. Any chance there would be some available any time soon?

Macgiver, Marlin,

Sorry to offend you. No Hybrids, then. The Green one will just have to go to finance those Cub upgrades.

Hi All.

Steve B.- I see it didn't take you long to get a set of bar tires on that 782
happy.gif
I beginning to think you might have the same fetish as me
drool.gif
Nice looking storage shed set up you have there too.

Paul D.- I guess it depends on what you are doing and what size you are wanting. For "dirt" work I think the 23x8.50-12 Firestones are the best. For more general use I tend to favor my 23x10.50-12 Titan Tru-Power tires (they work really good if you mow and also do some part time "dirt" work). I also have some Goodyear Terra tires (both 10.50 and 8.50's) and they seem to work well too, but can be kind of hard to find these days (they are nice if you are going for that "restored" look). I bought a set of 8.50 Carlisle Power Trak tires this past spring and did do some plowing with them and they seemed to bite in well (for being on an 8hp tractor) and rode nice on hard surfaces, plus they have that neat look of an R-4 industrial tread tire. My 8hp tractor now has 6-12 Firestones on it but I haven't had a chance to put them to any tests yet (that tractor needs some transmission work done before I put too much load on it).

Kent

Jim you can keep it totally CC with a Cub Part. It is part number 918-3132 oil cooler. If the suction line were split a rubber hose can be put in line and the cooler be put anywhere. I would never confess my sins regarding non-CC parts lolololololololol.

Good afternoon,
I have recently found a donor engine to put in my 124. It is a K321 AQS out of a green machine. I had to change out the bearing plate and flywheel to make it fit the narrow frame. Question #1 Anyone see a problem with this conversion?
Question #2 The green machine motor has a fuel pump, do I hook it up or just let it gravity feed from the tank?
I am also now using a Brinly 38" scraper blade, approx weight 70 lbs. Question #3 Do they make a bolt on assist spring for a Brinly sleeve hitch to help lift this implement off the ground? This blade is a bear to lift with the mechanical lift lever.
Sorry for so many question, I am still new at CC ownership and don't know a lot of the basics.
Your advice thus far has been invaluable.
Dave in Dayton, TX

David, there are two spring assists that will work for you. A Brinly version that requires the rear lift (which you have) and the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> version which will work with or without the rear lift. Both are only available on the used market so you'll have to post or watch in the calssifieds for them.

23037.jpg

Above is the Brinly version.

23038.jpg

Above is the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> version.

David, on the fuel pump you can hook it up or just let it gravity feed, it should work either way. I'd hook it up if it were mine. There might be an issue with the oil pan and or crank shaft diameter on that green version of the Kohler. I'll leave that for other's that know more about it.

Another point on the spring assists, don't know that you'd want to, but, you can hook up one of each of them at the same time as the Brinly version mounts on the right side and the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> version mounts on the left side.

Latest posts

Back