• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 11, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earl,

I prefer the bolt in because you get more dowm pressure when using the front blade. As for mowing, down here in the south we cut our fescue grass at 3 1/2" so the more deck really never touches the ground and there for never needs to "float".

Its what ever your needs are.

Hey All,

I'm thinking about purchasing some ag-tires, which brand do you recomend Carslie or Firestone etc.

RICHARD C. - Your comment about IHC and their "Odd Length Bolts" made Me chuckle.... Seems like all the older equip. I've worked on, various shades of red, green, yellow, etc. have ALL used bolts with the "Prefered" two to three threads showing beyond the nut and washers. Not really possible to directly replace them when Your local bolt source only offers bolts in 1/4" length increments. Purchasing job I had MANY years ago I used to buy LOTS of bolts...special 50 Deg. Plow Bolts ...for bolting scrap metal cutting shear blades into the shears. Last bolts I bought head forging dies for only came in two lengths.... 26" and 38" long with 10-12 inches of threads.... And they were one and one-half inches in diameter! I don't think IHC West Pullman could make them quite that big....But they came from almost the same neighborhood... Chicago's south side, same company that made the anchor bolts for the Sear's Tower! IH Did use good hardware, but sometimes just a little too specialized to hold their stuff together!

I have a 104 recently bought from a neighbor and the fuel line appears to attach from the fuel tank to a device under the carb and then to the carb. Is this a fuel pump??
Dean

Dean R,
If it looks something like this, Not it's not a fuel pump it's the fuel bowl. The 104 will be gravity fed to the carb.
23024.jpg

Paul B- Which 'pin' are you trying to drive out... the one that holds the bellcrank on the pedal shaft, or the pin that goes between the hydrostat's fixed- and moving- control plates? The former is just an ordinary spi-rol pin, while the latter isn't a pin IIRC... it's a forging or casting. Stuck spi-rols require penetrant ('PB Blaster' is the choice weapon around these parts) while the best removal tool is a pin-driving punch and about a 4lb machinist's hammer. Wear a glove on your non-hammer hand, and mentally prepare yourself for pain, 'cause they can be a real hog. You might hafta work it back-and-forth a few times, and soak it again to get it clean enough to push through. Once it's moving, take a close look at the end that you'll be pushing through the shaft- if it's all flared-out and messed up, take a 4" disk-grinder, die grinder, or dremel with cutoff-tool, and grind/cut-back that pin 'till it's round... otherwise, that @!#$% will get stuck and bend your pin-drift, kick your hammer, and mash your fingers (wear a glove... preferably iron or steel, but leather will be okay, too...). BTW... the spi-rol pin is multiple turns of spring-steel, and they fit tight, so when you hit 'em with a pin and hammer, make sure your pin is seated, centered, and square, and hit it like you MEAN it, otherwise it'll just laugh at you. :-}

Paul D- I bought a pair of Carlisle's Tru-Power series for my 109, and they work nicely. The local place I bought 'em from said that they ship with either the Carlisle brand, or the Titan brand, depending on which shipment came to you, from which mold that day. Same tire, just has two different branding-names, both made by Carlisle, with same materials. Put 6 gallons of Propylene Glycol (RV Antifreeze) and about 60lbs of weights on each wheel, and you'll be ready to pull anything!

Charlie, yes but that would/should be mounted above the carb. Wyatt has a fuel pump on his "Wheatland", here's what it looks like:

23026.jpg

Sediment bowl, Charlie- Sediment bowl...

Sediment is that stuff that's left over once you've snorted all the coffee out of the cup... 'yknow- that chewy stuff you dump on your toast b'fore you eat it...

Dean- the Sediment bowl is a mechanial filter of sorts- as fuel comes out of the tank, through the needle valve, into the bowl. Heavier particles (including solids and water) will fall to the bottom of the sediment bowl, while fuel flows out the top, through the barb fitting to the carbeurator. It's transparent so you can see crud and water... and every so often you should look at the bowl, if there's a fair amount of crud or water, shut off the valve, loosen the knurled knob on the bottom, the clamp will relax, pull out the bowl, dump it somewhere safe (there'll be some gas in there), reinstall the bowl, tighten the clamp knob, and turn the fuel back on. These are especially handy if you've got a rusty-krusty tank, or end up with watery gasoline... alas, they're not used much in automotive applications anymore... but my dad's Model A Ford has one, as did his '48 Willy's Jeepster. In the marine world, we use water separators and thread-on disposable filter elements, but they're a tad big for the average non-diesel Cub...

...but like Kraig said... the sediment bowl is above, while the thing below is a camshaft-driven fuel pump.

(Message edited by dkamp on November 12, 2004)

Ya know, there might be a good question to ask.
Did IH ever ship out a Cub/Kohler with a fuel pump?
Or were they all added later?

It is not a Glass bowl...( I wish I had a pic) It is not exactly like Kraig's photo but the part right on the engine block is very close.
Dean

All the photos I have of Don's 126 puller have side shields on them. :eek:(

Dean, on a K series as configured for "normal" use in a Cub Cadet there is a cover plate where a mechanical fuel pump would mount.
23029.jpg

LOL,
Ok, I shoulda been more specific in my query, grin
Did IH ever ship out a Cub/Kohler with a K241 in it, with a fuel pump?

Back