• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 11, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a front blade bracket off of a cub cadet. Can anyone tell me for sure what it fits and all of the models that it will fit.

23051.jpg

Travis T,
I asked about the mount on this blade just the other day. Notice the Lift bracket. And Bryan said, That bracket is just like the one that was on the 42" blade that I picked up from Madson's a few years ago. He said it was off a 17xx or 18xx.
Steve B. Said,
That style subframe shows up in my 1864 literature
And I had a couple guys email me saying that they had that mount and bracket on 82 series red Cubs that came with the blade when bought new.
23054.jpg

(Message edited by cproctor on November 12, 2004)

Bryan, would you consider putting a link to the FAQ on the new Topics page? I have the darnest time finding them. Thanks

John

John G. -

Take a look just below the menu for this page - see where it says "<font color="ff0000">Please check the FAQ before posting your question - perhaps it has already been answered there.</font>"?
wink.gif

Been there for a number of years...

We have other plans for the FAQ anyway, if they ever release Discus 5, we'll have "sticky" subtopics like vBulletin forums do. Then we can "stick" the FAQ everywhere (Charlie, don't go there!)

Yeah Bryan you'd think a guy could see that, maybe like Travis said big and flashing.
thumbsup.gif

I think my eyes are getting old.

John

Digger -- Bryan forgot about me ! .... aw I'll email it to ya ...

That FAQ link has always been a little on the small side ... but I guess if you were the one to put it there you'd always know where it was to direct the misguided to it.

oh and Dig , your button doesn't work.

Posting some pic's for the first time.
This was just going to be a simple engine swap on the 109. Went overboard again!
John
23061.jpg
23062.jpg

Kraig,
Thanks for the pics of the spring assist lift assemblies. I have the CC spring assist for the 3-point on the tractor. The spring just doesn't have quite enough tension to offset the weight of the scraper blade. I was hoping to see something I could bolt on and use only when the blade was attached to the tractor. Do they make a stronger spring for the CC spring assist?
Dave

Here are a few work in progress pictures of my 582 to "2282" conversion. For those of you not familar with this tractor, it started as one of Tom Hoffman's 582 Plow Day tractors that I bought to install the left over parts and attachments from my 1200 restoration that my brother in Ocala, didn't want.
your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

MICHAEL G,
I sent you an email almost a hour ago, sigh!
Or read Item 22 in the FAQ's.

(Message edited by cproctor on November 12, 2004)

Obscure humor:

pic
Ce n'est pas une pompe d'essence

lessee who was paying attention in art history class...

Brian did you mean Ce n'est pas une pompe à essence? What else could it be?

wave.gif

has any one ever put a winch on a cub i may have a chance to buy a atv type real cheep. i was wondering about a way to mount it without interfearing with any thing

Mike L,
I've got a good idea. Buy it, put it on there and then show us pics on how you did it and how well it works. Then we'll all know.
thumbsup_old.gif

Charlie i am hoping to get it for free if thats the case you just might see it.

Mike L.
As far as Cub attachments I think a winch would be very low on my priorites.
First of all you don't have enough weight to pull anything very big, without being tied off to a tree.
Unless you are getting stuck all the time a chain and another tractor should be adequate.
The only other purpose I could think of would be some sort of lifting boom and that could be dangerous because of the short wheelbase of the cub.
Its your money, your Cub, and you may have some other ideas.
Winches on the right vehicle at the right time can be worth their weight in gold, but they can also be very dangerous.
Just my .02 cents.

Richard the only reason i was thinking of it because at work we sold atvs but don't now. and all are parts are gone but we have a atv winch that i can get for free or next to. when there on a atv there pretty much useless any way i just thought maybe i could find a use for it. a cub does weigh more than a atv anyway.

Latest posts

Back