• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 10, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne, how about flip that sucker over and put it back on the tractor?

Hang something heavy on it and apply a little heat, BAM your back in business..

Randy

I brought this 100 with this older style Johnson Workhorse Model 10 home , and it has a hack job on the pump. It has a small shaft running from the pump straight to the crank. Would anyone have a pic of how the pump would mount for this ?? Thanks !!!

232492.jpg

232493.jpg

I have a few other pics, but they would be to small to put on here after i resize them. If anyone has any info. , i can email them better pics.

Thanks Randy-

That's definitely food for thought. I guess a bottom plow with a couple of sacks of sand thrown across might work along with the heat.

Speaking of the up coming snow season and my old QA36A REALLY needs an overhaul.
And the main drive gear can not be bought by itself from Cub Cadet, only as a complete unit, and pricey to boot.
232501.jpg

I figured why not come up with a repair kit for myself.
Part A
232502.jpg

Part B
232503.jpg

Next will be the BIG centering washers and slots in the gear so it can be puddle welded and not have to replace the stub shaft.
232504.jpg

Charlie, on the QA36A or QA42A main drive gear, I used McMaster part number 2500T463. It is a direct replacement for the existing sprocket, has the keyway and set screw.

Brian J.
Those are a little to pricey for me.

Aaron just sent me a pic of the stainless steel version that just came off the laser this morning.
Both slotted and solid versions.
232518.jpg

It's great having a sponsor that has access to all the high tech equipment to make this stuff that's NLA!

Finally got a couple Originals the other day. Serial numbers 49166 and 49168. 66 looks like the numbers were cast with the reduction housing and 68 is stamped. Any explanation for that?

Eddie, they both look stamped to me. Now if you could only find S/N 49167 you'd have a set of triplets.

Kraig and Charlie,
Think I finally figured out posting pics from an Android phone. Downloaded Firefox mobile and photo resizer. Looks like it worked.

I'll have to look at those again Kraig. Purchased both of those about 7miles from home along with a 102, 109, 3 spare engines (2 of those are 7hp, 1 with oil bath air cleaner), spare and new parts. 1 O is assembled and 1 disassembled.

Back