• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 07, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all, My 1250 has the screw vent filler cap. When in use it slowly screws itself closed. I've gotten ok at standing up over the wheel, opening the hood, and screwing open the vent when I feel it starting to starve. I'm wondering, does anyone else have this problem? I think that when the vent is fully open and the hood is latched it just touches the underside of the hood. I almost never latch the hood in use. If it's at low idle it will sometimes keep running but dies if I open the throttle at all. Should I replace the cap or does anyone one have a better (read free)solution?

David W.
You've got the wrong gas gauge.
Cubs don't have screw type vents.
It has to look like this.
310779.jpg

Attachments

• 310779.jpg
    310779.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 310779.jpg
    310779.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 144
I am putting a QA36 snow blower back together. I took pictures of everything before disassembly, except for one place.

I bought new needle bearings for the shaft through the small sprocket and put them in the housing. They are flush with the out side edges, but not the inner edges. Does it make a difference? Should the bearings be centered? I do have the grease hole lined up with the zerk. If I move the bearing, it may not line up any more.

Good day everyone, Just bought a cub 1250 hydro in fair shape and the rubber motor mounts are shot. I can see two, but are there four and any advise on replacing those. It really vibrates a lot. Thanks for your time

Thanks Charlie. Interestingly my 1450 has the Gas gauge cap, but my parts 1450 also has the screw vent. I'm planning to sell the 1250 this spring so I really don't want to put any more money into it.

Oh well the 129 has neither type cap, it just needs a head gasket at the moment.

Paul Van B.
As long as the grease holes line up, your good to go, no matter where the bearings set.
thumbsup_old.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 133
  • thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 137
Happy Veteran's Day "THANK YOU"
310790.jpg

Digger do I get a comish on Walter buying 4 mounts ...
whistling.gif

Attachments

• 310790.jpg
    310790.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 140
  • whistling.gif
    whistling.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 310790.jpg
    310790.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 129
  • whistling.gif