• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbuttke

displayname
Lonny Buttke
Whats it?
69975.jpg

69976.jpg

Charlie,
To easy of a guess.

What type?

sleve hitch
or
Cat.0

Jerry-
What??? Check my profile photo...

Ken-
NO!

Lonnie-
I thought for sure Richard was going to guess that it's a fold-up photo studio in the "closed" position!
biggrin.gif

Charlie.

Nope ! good guess though.
Its a brand new Brinly Cat.0 3 point spring shank cultivator, I guess you could call it NOS as from what I have heard Brinly is no longer produceing/selling these.
Its been sitting out in one of my storage buildings for the past year or so.

69987.jpg

These are sitting on the other side of the building, NOS 8" Brinly share & moldboard, all I need to to is find the remaining parts to complete the plow.
And to think I once had 7 10" sleeve hitch moldboard plows, now down to 1.

Art, you forgot to tell Jerry that your Plow Special is equipped with a 10hp, or was that a secret?
shhh.gif

I wonder how far my QA42 would throw snow if it was being powered by this instead of the tired, oil breathing, K301 that's in it now.....
69993.gif

69990.jpg

69991.jpg

69992.jpg

Hmmmm.....
coffee.gif

Art, tentatively the first or second Saturday in December.
proud.gif

Charlie, I know! I'm afraid to get it dirty.
bottom.gif
On the other hand it'd be a shame to not use it.
shame.gif
Dave sure does nice work!
beerchug.gif

Am I getting excited? Oh yeah!
69996.gif

I've got a question that I hope someone can help me with. I am trying to find a 38" or 42" mower deck that is real nice condition to put on my restored 1970 CC127. I have a lead on a real nice 38" deck that was originally on a 582. Is the 38" deck the same as the narrow frame 38" deck? I know the larger decks are different, but the 38" looks very similar - if not the same. How about the fact that I am trying to put it on a narrow frame? Is this more trouble than it is worth? Thanks for your replies......Marty

Marty N.-

The deck skin is the same but I believe the spindles are slightly different. For sure the center pulley is for a 5/8" belt on the 582. If you have the original deck and it has good spindles then you'll be fine. Also, the QA hardware on the deck may be slightly different, I can't remember if that was changed or not. Again, you'd be able to use that hardware from your old deck if you have one.

I can't wait to see Kraigs Anti-Glare-Hood 125 with that engine in it.

It's going to be like a "sleeper" Chevette with a <font color="ff0000">427</font> under the hood!
Shift.gif

69999.gif

Kraig thats one realy fine looking engine you got there. I`am out in the garage today cleaning my mower deck and had a brain wave lol, would that slip-plate work under my mower deck to help the grass for sticking. such a mess every year. later Don

Ahem...Is this thing on???
yikes.gif

Yes I'm still alive...Even though I may not smell like it.....

Kraig McC.,
That sure is an AWESOME looking engine!
I'm sure it'll spin most any implement you connect to it!
I trust you'll be upgrading your driveshaft as well?

Don T.,
I've heard of others doing using the Slip-Plate on mower decks, in fact, I believe it suggests it right on the can!
Realize that it does wear off with use, so I'd guess you'd need to re-apply it as necessary throughout your "lawn sawing" season.
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Art, I think this weekend I'll give the #2 125's hood a new coat of flat black paint in preparation for the Killer Kohler.... it can certainly use a new coat of flat black. Or maybe I should just put this hood on it.
dunno.gif
It's just collecting dust up in the rafters of my shed.

70001.jpg

Back