• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 04, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who says cubbing isn't interesting or even a possible hazard to your health???

232330.jpg

I guess this is proof this 149 sat outside for an extended time. This nest couldn't be seen at all until the hood support was removed.

Wayne Shytle
That cub must have been sitting a lot. I was putting a cap on the back of my truck a few years back and had it stored on pallets.With the help of a friend we lifted it up and was sliding it onto the bed when I got stung six times and he got stung four times. We did not notice the football size nest inside the cap.I waited till dark and removed it.

Aiden duignan

Welcome to the form ! Have a look at those coloured boxes above and see if the parts you need are not listed.Or the wanted section , put your list there. Let us know what parts you need and for what numbered Cub cadet.Lots of great info here , You just have to tell us what Cub Cadet you have that you want parts for. I see a 100 in your profile , Is that the tractor that you need parts for? I have a 100 and its a great tractor. later Don T
worthless.gif

Morning Denny
Have a great Day !

I am confused by something, I have searched and do not see any information. Do I have to have the head shroud on when installing the head bolts or are there studs for the head that let me install the shroud after. Thanks.

John, the head would be held on with a mixture of bolts and studs with nuts depending on the location. There would then be spacers that go between the nuts holding the head on and the shroud.

232336.jpg

232337.jpg

232338.jpg

232339.jpg

232340.jpg

Hey, look what showed up at my place last week. Thanks Charlie!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

232341.jpg

Daniel M,

Someone a while back had a similar problem and I think the cause was due to having the condenser connected to the wrong terminal on the coil so check that. Make sure it's connected to the negative terminal (same terminal the points wire is connected to). It's something simple but easy to overlook. If that's not it, then try a different condenser as your new one could be bad. If that don't fix it, I'd try a different spark plug and then a different coil. Also, you mentioned you have a new plug wire. What type of plug wire did you get? Some of the newer plug wires don't work well on old tech ignition systems.

While were on the topic of the good ol K series, I cant get mine to start. Got decent spark (time for a plug I think) and plenty of fuel...but it wont start...any ideas?
1a_scratchhead.gif
It does this only after its sat for a few days, but the carb has fuel, the plug electrode is cleaned and gaped, and, the threads were wet with gas when I took it out but the electrode was dry, so I assume it was burning the gas off...I run MMO in it religiously, and, the tank is full, I plan to replace the fuel filter, plug wire and plug soon so maybe its just a combination of tired parts?

Electrical Question: I have a 149 (that I recently acquired) that starts and runs. I am in the process of sorting out all of the problems and just noticed that the battery is wired up backwards! (positive to ground) I tried to search for this issue but found nothing. Any comments? I have no idea. thanks in advance, cliff

John-

Why would you want to change the head tin? The larger holes allow the flat washers to pass through while the smaller holes help secure the tin to the head. It's all in the design for proper air circulation so I wouldn't change anything. There are several different designs for tin configuration on these old Kohlers.

Cliff, if the battery really was backwards the starter would try to spin backwards, I dont think any gas engine will start backwards just because of ignition and valve timing. Take another look in daylight. My 147 has the battery terminals facing forward which looks like its backwards, but the cables are in the right place inside the steering tower.

Latest posts

Back