• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 02, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys-
There's a pic of that hydro lift bracket mounted in the dash of a 1450 I used to have. I tried to find the pic earlier today, but couldn't locate it. (Kraig??) Either way, I guess it is kind of off-topic for Don's 149 anyway.

Hey, I just realized something... I get picked on A LOT less since Don has been on the forum. It's almost like that whole mounting-AG-tires-at-3am thing was just a bad-dream...
clappy.gif

H-Harry-
"Some is better than none"...

It's funny how the older I get, the more THAT comment rings true in many aspects of life!
cwm.gif

<font color="000000"><font face="verdana,arial,helvetica"></font>So here's my winter project (hopefully running for snow removal, but really want to go through it) She's not pretty, esp. the shattered rod.

215679.jpg

215680.jpg

215681.jpg
</font>}

Art Aaytay - if you posted as much as Donnie T you'd get picked on as much as him. And the 1450 pic isn't off topic cause Donnie is upgrading to the 1450 bracket, and Charlie posted the parts diagram for the 1450. Now if you went and posted your pic and just reversed the image then Donnie could see how he needs to mount the lever, and install the lift handle on the left.

Donnie T - now Frank has a point. 64degree shop is for working inside. I'd recommend keeping it at 40degrees - just call it your new energy saver winter shop. AND, if'n your gonna use that 450 blower on the 149 ya better get that lift arm bracket/lever fixed. That teensy weensy roll pin in there now ain't gonna do it. And one other thing I just gotta mention. I think I figured out why you really wanted that 450 blower. On this side of the border most of the guys use a snow/dozer blade (incorrectly sometimes called a plow) for their drives. I see in your profile pic you use a Brinly Plow for your drive. Are you sharpening it up on that gravel, or just practicing for the snow? And how long did it take ya to get all the snow to one side of the drive using that Brinly??? (hehehe)

Thomas Mc - I figure you got plenty of time - about 30 days before the snow flies - to get the Kohler K241 running again. And if'n ya turn on the lights on that 102 she'll look alot per'tier. It's a tough'n tho - big shoulder blades and all.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(especially when they're stored inside 64degree shops)

DON T. - Don't let these guys pick on you about your nice warm shop. They're all just envious of your heated shop.

When you fire up your CC & blade, snow blower/thrower, etc. and go out to move snow, do like I do and let them sit outside and "Warm Up/Cool Down" before you start playing in the snow. Have another cup of coffee, etc.

The engine will be warm and all the steel will be cold so the snow won't melt & form ice.

Hey Lucas Jones,

Tell us the chassis serial number of your '66 122 with the straight clutch pedal?

Thanks Kraig for the manual pix!

Thomas E. Mcaughlin

If you lived a little closer I would lend you a good 10 K out of a 107 to use till you could get that 12 rebuilt. I know I got more than two rods and .20 pistons here that have never ran in an engine

Art A
{Hey, I just realized something... I get picked on A LOT less since Don has been on the forum. It's almost like that whole mounting-AG-tires-at-3am thing was just a bad-dream... }
get er done when you can and remember, You must be worth some ribbing , I`am glad you post because it will take the heat off me
lol.gif

Frank A C

(Nothing like bringing a snowblower out of a nice, 64* environment and having that cold snow start melting and turning to ice on it! Remember the tongue on steel stunt!)

I`am sure that not all of us got caught doing that, But now I know someone who did .
clappy.gif
rofl.gif

Harry Bursell (Hydroharry)

lol just where have you been ? I have been a member here for awile and never seen you post? well its good that you are back to help us misguided find our way. I have a few blades here and a plow. later Don T

Charlie, If you mean the s/n tag on the trans it is 143221.

Could somewon post a pic of the copper fule line that comes from the sedament bole to the carb, what size should it be?

Dennis Frisk
That was my plan. I don`t have to worry about a freeze up because it would take ten minutes back inside the shop to remove that problem.I found my snow blade with slip-plate on the face would not freeze up and make snow stick as much as the painted surface did.I do have some for the snow blower also.

just want to ask should I coat the spirals with slip-plate or just the impeller area? I have a new chute to install and soon hope to try this out lol
1a_scratchhead.gif
old.gif

DONALD - We painted the moldboard on my new-to-me rusty old blade with semi-gloss epoxy sealer/primer that we used under all the paint on the 70's hood.

It's supposed to be unbelievably tough, and it seems to have made the surface of that rusty old blade slippery, more so than any Slip-Plate I've ever applied.

Did I mention that old blade was really rusty before we painted it?

Your auger gearbox for your snow blower reminds me of the drive gearbox on an old rotor-tiller Dad had before he got one for his CC. Same style worm gear drive with the naval bronze driven gear. It'll probably work fine on a low HP job like moving the snow into the impeller, but it didn't hold up very well on the tiller.

I would use some sort of fairly heavy gear oil, 75W-90 or so.

Don, be sure to paint the snow blower parts with regular paint- then coat it with the slip plate. AS to the auger/spiral I didn't paint the auger in my QA42, just the inside of the auger housing and the discharge chute. It made a big difference in how well it worked. Of course anything would work better than a rusty surface for preventing snow from sticking.

Newbie question here...and I've spent several hours searching old topics and can't find an answer.

Purchased a used CC 782Hydro with a snow/push blade attachment.

How is it hooked up?

Can anyone post some pictures of the belly of the 782 with the blade attached?

CB Pools

Don T,
I have had good luck spraying the auger and housing with LPS-3 rust inhibitor,
215702.jpg

which is like spray wax... I start the blower up, then spray away, then let dry... I liked the white paint look for the blower, not black with the slip plate... If they made that stuff in white, we'd be all set!!

I know this will come as a complete shock to all of you out there but the correct Delco-Remy regulator solved my charging issues that I've had since day one.
whistling.gif
The new general purpose reg that I bought for it never worked right. Went to a local junk pile and found an original that looked like it had never been opened up and insalled it. Blamo! the system started to work.
thumbsup_old.gif

Brian Branstetter

glad to see that you found the charging issue,Now for some seat time for you.

I was busy today, can`t waite for snow so I can work in my shop.Stored some cub equipment today lol. Out of the weather it will be. I still have a few loades yet.
bash.gif

215720.jpg

215721.jpg

215722.jpg

done for today.
old.gif

Donnie T - well hey there, I've been a member since shortly after day 1 of the original IH Cub Cadet Forum. Back in the day I was anoited the title of Elder Harry by the Reverend. On occasion I had to pay a pennance for my ways, especially when I talked about using Valvoline Hypo Fluid in a Hydro rearend even tho the bucket stated it met IH Spec B-6. There were a few other things I learned along the way. I dropped out of site after moving to the left coast but have been trying to drop in now and again when something worth saying comes up. And since you're north of the border - well, it's worth saying. And by the way, how is it Charlie referred to you as Little Donnie T? Is there a Big Donnie T? Should I remove my address from my profile?

(under edit) = hey that's a heck of a way to store a cart. Covering it all up with CC implement parts. Or should I say CCC parts. I see the blade in the trailer has the CCC adjustable trip spring - which I have seen broke more often that not. And what the heck is that lift rod there on the ground - looks like it has a big ole turn-buckle on it - nice idea if you need to raise the blade to upper hood level and ram the snow piles - and you must way up there. (and one other thing - if you keep reading my posts you're never gonna get any work done on your CCs)

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(except those located north of the border, but they can be resurrected)

Harry Bursell (Hydroharry)

Reverend( title of Elder Harry by the Reverend)
1a_scratchhead.gif
clappy.gif
I`am sure that was not Charlie !
beerchug.gif

That blade I got off an 1862 that I look after for a friend who also has a 450 snow blower. was thinking of power angle for it but I need a taller blade lol.I did get everything in the new Cub shed but still have three disk and spring tooth and two other blades to move yet.Done for today. A little at a time . Surely you jest Charlie the Reverend .That man has called me wilber and little Donnie and Frank A C CHUBBY FINGERS lol , I can handle it, just a 14 ring finger

ok Don, I will make a post, yesterday I swapped the 46 inch deck with the 42 inch snow blade and chains will be next I also installed front head lights on my 129. getting ready for northern illinios winter sorry no pics today

Latest posts

Back