• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 02, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
FWIW, if you can't find Slip-Plate brand graphite paint, Fleet Farm, and likely other retail stores, have a Valspar brand graphite paint.

69589.jpg

69590.jpg

69591.jpg

69592.jpg

Here's a photo of my graphite paint coated QA42 in action mounted to my 125.
buttrock.gif

69594.jpg

Kraig,
This stuff works pretty well for me, Seems to handle the rocks just a tad better than Slip-Plate too.
69598.jpg

Matt,

Thanks for the info on the 1862. Man, I'm confused! The axle I'm looking at is from an 1862 with power steering (I think), but it's got tie rod ends, not heim joints...

I lost an ebay auction for a super steer axle last week by $1. I'd really like to do the super steer upgrade on the 149 I'm refurbishing.

I wondered where Hydro Harry Bursell was,

Now I find out he changed his name and is running for President!
69600.jpg

Hey guys, great info here. I just got a 149 with rake,scrape blade, plow,tiller and chipper. It has a 90 degree gear box on the back but is missing the bottem pully. I need to know wht size the pully should be. It's the #1 type tiller.

wow that was fast. I looked that up on a site but it said no longer available.Were is this from?

Paul,
That's from the Cub Cadet parts Lookup button listed above along with the Sponsor buttons.
It is NLA, but some were bought up before they went NLA.
They are also available used from many guys out there.
You might want to place a Wanted ad for one.
thumbsup_old.gif

This is probably a newbie question, but I know someone will enlighten me. I've seen an ad for a Cub Cadet Model 81 (Briggs & Stratton 8 hp engine), but I can't find anything in my books about that model. The seller says they're rare. Is this a scam?

Thanks.

Kay A.-

The 81 is a lawn tractor, not a garden tractor, and in my opinion, is anything but rare. I've seen many over the past few years.

Kay - If you'll look at the front page where it says "IH Cadet Lawn" you'll see an 81 listed ... where this question belongs... so no it's not a scam ;)

I have some dielectric grease made by EZ Slide too, works good too. No more battery terminal corrosion.

Hey Kenny W.
Fred Thompson has actually been over to a buddy of mine's house for a couple of hours before a pollitical fundraiser for congressman Bob Barr back a few years ago.Harry must be tall because when I saw Fred he was easily 6'6"
ihrotate.gif

Just curious: anyone know of a diesel that fits in a 1X8/9, besides one of the Kubota's?

Glen - DEUTZ should make one if you could find one. They use to be German built ... probably china now.
Here's Northern Tool's oil burners. http://tinyurl.com/2hqlkj
I seen a nice little diesel on a portable bandsaw once but can't remember the brand , had turbo too
happy.gif

Back