• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 01, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
Someday, I'll learn to count to 50, or at least 49! From last post:
bash.gif

96233.jpg

Hello Frank I see you have wheel weight lol,Looks like she is willing and able. Later Don T
roflol.gif

David B,

The mounting bracket that bolts onto the back of your transmission case for a #1 and #2 tiller are the same. Your #1 tiller should mount right up to the bracket unless the previous owner modified it. Do you have an instruction manual to show you the proper way attaching it? The parts lookup link at the top of the page can help you as well. Just type in #1 or #2 for the model number.

There are slight differences in the 90-degree gearbox between #1 tillers and the later #1A and #2 models. The early #1 gearboxes have 3 attachment fasteners whereas the later ones have 4 attachment fasteners for mounting it the attachment bracket. However, functionally the gearboxes are the same.

My guess would be that the cub bullies the toro around alot. Prolly should put em in seperate rooms... LOL
clown.gif

Yes, Don, I went a little weight crazy here this summer. My theory is if I can get them shipped in here for $100 (or less, thank you, Joe D.), that I should. Then when the Crazy Canadians come over, I have a chance (slim, I admit) to make a killing. Those you see (right below the new seat) are the very rare "one is cracked" weights. I have no idea how one cracks a wheel weight - it was probably a factory defect. Hmmm, suppose it's still under warranty? I kept the WH and Fernando separated with an old folding table - don't need a bunch of orange pedal tractors running around here in the spring, and the WH has been a b**ch since my brother bought it.
coffee.gif

I recently bought a cub 122 and motor has been replaced I run the ser# its a 102 motor its got plenty of power so that's fine with me but the problem is its got a muffler that's looks like it maybe came off a model 71 with some extra pipe it comes out the side of the motor and points down and the exhaust blows on the front tire no more than I use it it shouldn't be to bad on the tire but it just looks bad to me he gave me the old muffler that came off of it and I would like to put it back on I'm a pretty good tinker but by no means a mechanic or electrician is this a major job or should I just leave it the way it is thanks for your help

Geez David, can you put periods in there someplace? My brain ran outta breath reading that sentence. OBTW, some pictures of what your asking about might enlighten us more...
thumbsup.gif

Ive. tried. to. post.pics.before.and. my. pics. are.to.big.they.wont.load.any.ideas.how.I.can. make.them.smaller.

David
I use photoscape it will re size them real simple,witch is good for me!my cameras dont have a photo editing tool with the software.
Did any of the info help you on the tiller?let us know!!

yes the info on the tiller was very helpful thank all of you for your good information how do I get photoscape

I'm having pretty good luck with Microsoft Photo Editor. It's a free download, and pretty simple once you get used to it.
cwm.gif

So I finally got the photos resized. Here is my group of tractors that I set out one day when I wasn't able to go to plowday so I decided to have my own little show. Since then I have sold the Ford and the Allis. The Case will go next when I get hitches that I like for the Cubs. I made one for the Original that works but I don't like it very much. John in KC
96247.jpg

without a pic.basically what I'm going to have to do I think is take hood and grill off my 122. can I do this without unhooking the wiring for the head lights if so good if not the lights work but the wiring and connections are as you know old and I'm thing if I mess with this much I will not have working lights anymore I probably wont use them but I would like them to work. next problem is getting the old muffler out of the block that's why it is the way it is the man I got it from was scared he would damage the block so if left it the way he bought it.the other problem is its a 122 or 12hp muffler and the motor is a 102 or 10hp I bought it for a 12 and the guy I'm sure thought he put a 12 back in after he trashed the motor but I ran the serial# on the motor and its a 10hp out of a 102 the muffler looks to be the same but I'm not sure and the last and most important question is since the only reason I want to change it is for looks would it be worth the trouble to do it and possibly mess the lights and bock up

Greetings! Just joined your forum yesterday and today I picked up my "new" cub. It's a '61 original, s.n. 2892. Thanks for the incredible site, links and future help. Now, off to order my TC-113 and get started.

here's the pics. My very first cub cadet.
1974 Cub Cadet 169
url]

url]

david bailey..
Not to be critical, but a lot of guys, including me, won't even read a non-punctuated thread... When I type, I usually go back and place in the caps and punctuation...

To keep it on topic, the 149 got its second coat of primer yesterday, tomorrow I be spraying yellar....

Reggie: From here, it looks like ya done good! I can't help but wonder how many of the original 4,005 units (per Hank Will's book) are still running. I know of one about 25 miles from here (don't we, Don T.) that the guy stores under the front of his 5th wheel camper. I've checked with him twice in the last 3 years, but he's not ready to part with it. Yet.
old.gif

96250.gif

Got the right wiring harness, going to tackle that in the morning. I couldnt work on it today, wife had me painting the kitchen.......again! Still waitin for the hydraulic lift, it should be here sometime next week!!

Scott T:
And everyone thought I was just standing in for the Grump
old.gif

Latest posts

Back